Anyone write short stories

It’s a matter of my thoughts,

I have written a complete instrumental album years ago, never released it, it was all over the place. Blues, rock, metal, you name it,

But the creative juices have been flowing as of late, I want to do another one, it’s been motivated by joe satriani, yeah I know none of you probably heard of him but I’m writing out the story in a written format, of a young man who finds everything he ever wanted, but it’s not what it seems, the idea is completely instrumental, with guitar taking the lead, no lyrics. Just a way to let the listener develop their own interpretation.

For those of you who write have you ever envisioned this? It’s been helpful to create less of a writers block when I have an instrument in my hands, but I’ve read stories that encouraged me to make a specific type of sound to reflect it, a soundtrack of sorts.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s called a symphonic poem I think. It’s been done for a long time, some beautiful things out there.
Good for you to tap into your creativity again!

1 Like

Thank you, I’m gonna have to look more into this,

I wrote out the story, trying to divide it up into parts for a concept, more of a rough draft.

1 Like