App access

Is it just me or does anyone else find that the chat portion of app seems to load super slow. Like it spins for quite some time before opening the main page.
Just wondering if it’s an app issue or a my phone issue.

Thanks and apologies if this has been asked already.

2 Likes

I just get the most strangest ads when I open the chat side of the app. Do you get ads? Or do you have ad blocker?

Don’t believe I see any ads. Perhaps because I have a paid subscription??

2 Likes

Mine was being extremely slow a couple nights ago. To the point it wasn’t loading at all. I was also getting weird messages. When trying to :heart: certain posts, this message would pop up and take the :heart: away…

I ended up cleaning out my phone in the Device Care setting. It seems to be working so far, although I have noticed other areas of my phone being slow too. There’s a new software update that popped up a couple days ago, but I haven’t downloaded it yet. I wonder if that might be related :thinking:

I had this issue a few days back. Seems to be running ok now.

1 Like

I haven’t been having any issues. I’m tagging @Robin and maybe he can investigate on his end. In the meantime, I suggest making sure you have the newest version of the app and add information about your phone to help him troubleshoot.

1 Like

I do get that message from time to time if I try to :heart: a message I’ve already liked. This happens to me if I’ve left the app open on my laptop and then use on my phone…my laptop version needs to be refreshed sometimes two times before i can successfully use it.

Haven’t noticed much of a lag in opening on my phone but I do when on laptop (that could just be a connection/wifi issue)

1 Like

Thanks all. Was having issue since yesterday, and only use app on my phone. Nothing else on phone has issue, but funny enough as soon as I made this thread I haven’t had issue again.

Things that make you go hmm :thinking:

Phone has latest updates and OS installed. iPhone 13 Pro. But for now it seems to be AOK!

4 Likes

Sometimes the chat portion loads slowly on my phone, and sometimes even on my laptop, but usually in those cases I get something that says “Site under extreme load” - which makes me smile. Standing Room Only! I don’t love crowds, but when it comes to this place? The more the merrier. :wink: :pray: :orange_heart:

2 Likes

The system does daily backups that will cause a bit of strain while they are running. Other than that, we might experience some heavy traffic during peak hours - but the servers are updated and should be able to handle all of it.

If the community loads slowly, it could also just be something simple like your internet connection.

4 Likes

Thanks Robin. If it was my internet I would think I would see similar in other applications, it is only ever the TS app that takes sometimes never load… I have to leave, wait, comeback and or occasionally reboot phone.

Perhaps it is high usage. But it is pervasive. Meaning it happens infrequently sometimes but frequently enough. Sometimes it’s days between issues, sometimes it’s multiple times daily.

Perhaps it’s a sign my paid version isn’t the way to go??

That was only a guess. I have no way to tell what’s happening on your device. Loading time has nothing to do with having Premium of course, and you’re always welcome to continue or cancel yours.

It wasn’t a threat or anything Robin.

The thought was perhaps premium version has more features to load was my point and therefore using up more bandwidth on phone loading.

But if we’re only guessing, let’s leave at that.