App freeze/crash on Android

Nothing is crashing on me but I have just noticed that any new pics people are posting- I notice this now on the thread #post pics of your pets no ones pics are there it’s just a white blank space.
Also I cant see the pic above my post here it’s just white space.

My phone already updated to the new version itself

Edit: it’s working now, all pics are there.

I’ve just released update 4.0.56 on a staged rollout again. It should be available to everyone over the next few days. I’ve still not been able to replicate the crash, but 4.0.55 did fix some errors that many were experiencing. The crash issue is now the only one left, and it seems to affect a very small amount of users (sorry unlucky ones!). I did some research into it, and it seems to be a platform issue with Android’s web interface. I applied some safety measures and improvements which I am hoping will fix that crash issue. Let me know how things go when you get 4.0.56.

3 Likes

V56 also instacrashing. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

There are no crash logs in Google Play yet, so I’ll leave it for a few days and see if it turns up anything. Does the app completely close for you @Eke? And this is after you come back from the app being in background mode?

Mine always crashes when it I open it from background mode.

2 Likes

Yeah. Crashes after switching back from background mode. It’s not all the time for me, maybe once or twice a day now. It completely closes.

Hi, mine almost always closes as soon as I open the app, then I have to reopen. Only on my Android phone (Moto 5G), I also have it on a Kindle fire, no problems there.

Still have version 4.0.55, not sure how to get 56.

1 Like

Hi @Robin I do now have the updated version 4.0.56 but the app crashes/closes even more than ever. Almost every time I open it on my phone and also when I try to attach a pic to a post. It closes and I have to reopen, it doesn’t freeze. Not sure if others still have the problem. Thank you.

3 Likes

Yep still been having this issue also.

1 Like

Ya me too.

1 Like

Also version .46 for a while now, still same.

Hi @Robin! I’m chiming in with the same problem. If I leave the app and come back, it’s unresponsive. Sometimes it happens if I try to upload a picture into my post, too.

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

Is there a thread for this issue with iPhone? Because I have the same problem. I tried searching for a thread…but the most recent was about a separate issue from Feb ‘21

1 Like

I’m also having this issue on iphone & ipad

Maybe you could start one? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, I just didn’t want to duplicate :+1:t3:

1 Like

For now could do it here. Maybe related! :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

News from Robin!

1 Like

Hmm. I think this might be fixed?

On version 4.0.61 now. And I notice now when I switch back something is different.

1. It doesn’t crash.
  2. If a thread was open when I left, it updates the thread and goes to the new bottom of the thread.

I think it didn’t do the second thing before. I don’t remember even seeing that in… A long time. So maybe it used to hang on reload if a thread was open and changed since last view?

1 Like