App freeze/crash on Android

Some of the mod squad noticing the Talking Sober Android app crashes. For me (Android 12 on Samsung S10e) when I switch back to the app, it force closes itself instantly a few times per day. I can immediately start it again just fine, but it’s weird.

Others were saying it doesn’t force close, but becomes non responsive. They also have to restart it. For the past couple weeks.

Anyone else seeing this for the past couple days or weeks? Phone version?

Posting for @Robin’s attention when he’s back.

5 Likes

It’s been crashing every single time I open it since today. I have a Sony Xperia 5 with Android 11.

1 Like

I prefer using the web version.
Here is some information from my end in case it’s useful to anyone…
I just loaded version 4.0.54 of the Talking Sober application using Android 8.1.0 and it seems to be working for okay.

Yes I have Android on Samsung and that same exact thing keeps happening! I thought it was just my phone lol

1 Like

Oh. Today it’s every time for me too now. If it’s in the background for more than a moment.

All seems to be working fine here. Xiaomi Redmi 10 pro Android 12.

1 Like

Im on android and havent had any issues

Actually, I rebooted. So far that seems to have helped.

I have an Android and my app has been freezing as well.

1 Like

Yes, since yesterday if I go out of the app and then later back in, it has frozen and I need to close it and reopen for it to work again. But today, it seems to be working ok again :woman_shrugging: I have an Android

*correction - it’s still freezing

3 Likes

I know I’m going to jinx myself, but I haven’t had problems on my Galaxy S22 Ultra. I think it runs Android 12.

It just happened again right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I’ll look into this and try to replicate the issue.

3 Likes

I have 2 phones with the app I downloaded ages ago on, which doesnt have the new look and ads, which sometimes crashes and I have to just reopen. But on the newer app version on my samsung it is fine for me.

Could you check the version of each app?

1 Like

Yes, how do I do that?

Ok on the app I downloaded ages ago it is version 123 if im looking at the correct place in settings.

And the app I downloaded not too long ago is version 4.0.54
Both my phones are Samsung S9

Mine has been freezing for a couple weeks. It’s very sporadic. I could go a few days without it freezing and then it freezes 3 times in the same day.

Today I noticed my app version was 4.0.53 and thought it would help if I updated to 4.0.54. It didn’t and froze immediately.

Can anyone share a screenshot of the app in the frozen state?