App freeze/crash on Android

For me, the frozen state looks just like the normal screen. It just that no new notifications show up and none of the keys/buttons register being pushed.

** edited to add a screenshot of my phone after not being on it for an hour (since the above message posted) and the app was frozen when I tried to go back in (It shows I posted on this thread 1 minute ago but it was actually an hour ago)

1 Like

Just tried to go on the app again and it looked like this. That’s a first :thinking:

Here’s a pic of mine frozen, looks the same as when it’s not.

So, just so I am clear on what leads to this:

1. You’re busy on the community page
  2. You minimize Sober Time, or switch to another app, but you don’t close it.
  3. Some time passes
  4. You switch back to Sober Time and it’s frozen

Is that correct?

4 Likes

Yes, correct

Or, in some cases, 4) you switch back and it appears for a moment then instantly force closes.

Although… Restarting might have fixed that? Never did that in the past though.

1 Like

Yes, but in most cases I switch back from another app within seconds and it’s frozen.

Mine has been freezing for a couple weeks also.

Android

Also 4.0.54 here

I have been unable to replicate this on my personal phone. However, I did find a few crash logs. It looks like it only affects a small group of people. I’ve applied a fix that should resolve it - but it’s hard to be certain if I can’t replicate it.

This will be in 4.0.55 which I will release in a few days.

8 Likes

I’ve been gone for several days, came back and YES! Closes/crashes almost eveytime I open it. I’m on Android, Motorola. Never did it before.

I’m not on android, but I have had this happening on my apple devices as well.

I just released version 4.0.55. It’s on a staged roll out and will become steadily available for everyone over the course of a few days. Keep an eye on the store.

3 Likes

4.0.55 is now available to everyone. Can anyone with the new version provide some feedback on the crashes?

3 Likes

Mine is still freezing .

1 Like

Mine has not been freezing at all lately.
Thank you, Robin

It’s still freezing but not every time

Are we all sure we got the newest version? None just crashed, but was still on 4.0.54. Did find the update though, giving it a go.

Yeah. On the old version, it seemed like a phone reboot helped it run again for a full day without trouble.

This has been one of those slippery bugs though, no obvious reasons for it.

I dunno, lol. Think we’re hoping so! Robin is the wizard here though.

1 Like