Are alcohol free drinks a good swap like becks blue for example

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this… Would love to know

No not in my experience

I can nail 12 bottles within the hour and drink it just as fast as I do normal alcohol-

If they were bottles of coke I wouldn’t though. Just shows you doesn’t it…

4 Likes

Yes I was the same six pack gone in no time best with a cuppa I think :thinking:

2 Likes

I think I’ll personally not bother

I wouldnt bother with them mate. Its better to cut as many ties with alcohol as possible, especially in the beginning👍

2 Likes

Hi, since I’ve started my sober journey, I drink non alcoholic beer. I like Erdinger and Becks blue. I’ve tried Budweiser prohibition in the past, that’s ok too. Not a fan of Heineken 0%, a bit tasteless. Enjoy!

1 Like

This quit I have refrained from NA beers and wines, as in my experience they only made be want the real thing. It’s as if the taste drove a certain expectation in my brain, of the buzz to follow, and when I didn’t get it, I wanted a real beer or glass/bottle of wine.

Coffee, seltzer, tea, or the occasional coke, these are my go-to drinks, but mostly I drink plain water.

2 Likes

That would just lead to buying regular beer for me, to be honest. I don’t have long term sobriety yet. It’s definitely something I would stay away from.

1 Like

I’ve never tried them and have no desire to. It’s supposed to make you feel like you’re drinking a beer and I guess I don’t see the point. :woman_shrugging:t2: I would rather drink water or indulge in a soda. You know, drink something that’s not going to remind me of alcohol?

2 Likes

I agree with you. I drink for the buzz, not the flavor. If I don’t get the expected results, I’d just turn around and go get a six pack. Not a good idea for me…

1 Like

its helped me to take the edge off before. i had a few sips and it kinda made me go ‘no thanks’ and turn my attention away from beer.

I drink them occasionally but only if I go in a bar with friends I just seem to have a couple then go onto water or orange juice but they are nice tasting but they make me feel full after a couple

I see it as a waste of money and empty calories. I prefer seltzer water with a splash of sugar free cranberry juice.:wink:

1 Like

I drink them sometimes when I’m in a social drinking environment. Like on a terras with friends. It’s nice to drink a alc. free beer when everyone drinks the real one.

I had one for the first time, out with the family. My son’s girlfriend asked to try it and said oh that tastes bad! And then she apologized to me. I just laughed because to me it did taste pretty bad… I don’t think I will be ordering any more of those. I’ll stick to sodas or mineral water.