Argument but didnt drink

Usually after an arguement with my spouse I go out and get a case of beer. I thought of it but it passed quicky cuz I know the hangover and low self esteem feelings will make me feel worse later. We of course kissed and made up but the sobriety is what i truly want because it feels better than the buzz. Feels great.

7 Likes

Seems like sundays are the day for that than. Also stayed the course…

2 Likes

That was one of my “triggers”. Most of the time I realise now, it was my resentment towards my wife. Now I don’t drink,we haven’t argued for ages. Seems to all be linked.
I’m enjoying the sober feeling and I think it shows in our relationship
Well done for dealing with the situation without drinking :grinning:

3 Likes

Yesterday, me and my wife were out driving and she wanted icecream, so I offered to take her to her favorite icecream shop (which I’m not a fan of), which was out of the way. She asked why am I being so nice now. It made me smile. I wasn’t always nice like that, I feel I’m a little less self centered these days.

6 Likes

Totally Dan. I’m happy with the new me.
The real me I suppose.
And it shows in my life. With my wife and the daughter who is at home, even she’s noticed it and will come up and cuddle me spontaneously, because she knows I will be receptive. Unlike I used to be. It’s a great feeling.

5 Likes

Great share!
Arguments can be a good excuse to drink.
Way to stay on the path.
I’m inspired.

1 Like