Asmr - who gets it?

Playing kitchen with my daughter, and her cutting the fruit that is two pieces attached by velcro triggered my asmr. I get it quite easily, how about u guys?
In case u don’t know
“ASMR is the term for the sensation people get when they watch stimulating videos or take part in other activities — usually ones that involve personal attention. Many people describe the feeling as “tingles” that run through the back of someone’s head and spine. Others say the feeling is deeply relaxing, and can even cause them to fall asleep.”

4 Likes

Wow I had to Google what that meant so I’m guessing I don’t get it. Closest would be the warm and fuzzies I get smelling coffee first thing in the morning and that’s completely different :joy:
Asmr sounds intriguing though!

1 Like

Well, the first time I heard of it I had to google it, and then was like, oh, that weird thing my neck does sometimes, it happens to other people too!

1 Like

Oh gosh it something ive always done to self soothe myself.
It for me allows me to stimm and it feel natural.

Ive had people laugh because i can easily be distracted ans i zone out :rofl:

When i was younger the washing machine spinning was my go to!
I would never of admittied how it made me feels but as i watched numerous youtube/tiktok clips and seen how it effect a range of people!
I don’t care now on my lunchbreak at work i’ll play some of the clips to help me get back to a comfortable level instead of being heightened all day and im literally on edge till im home!

3 Likes

Me. Especially back tickles or whispy hand movements.
Someones gonna get a surprise one day when they walk in on me watching a video of someone else getting their back stroked with a large feather :expressionless:

3 Likes

My back being tickled or feet. My back though, its insane. I when to a massage parlour once and asked the girl to just lightly run her fingers over my back, can’t explain how it feels but it’s on another level. My feet too. I’d choose that feeling over all most anything. My palms work as well

2 Likes

Been watching ASMR vids on YouTube for at least 10 yrs at this point! I don’t think I’ve ever told anyone I know in “real life” though.

4 Likes

Oh now I understand, I get that feeling too with my back being traced. Most amazing feeling ever!

1 Like

Nope, asmr videos don’t work for me :grin: They only cause irritation and raise my BP :smile: :smile:

1 Like

Anyone have any favorite creators?

I really like Articulate Design ASMR, ASMR Glow, Elise ASMR, Angelica, Puurrfect ASMR, River (loooove River), and of course the OG: Gentle Whispering (Maria).

There’s a lot of ones from the early years that have since stopped producing content years ago, but I still go back sometimes. Heather Feather, VeniVidiVulpes, VioletsVoice, etc.

Those vids are great, even with all the ruckus outside his shop. Such an intriguing little barber shop, and of course his methods are really cool. I’d have loved a cut from Baba.

Sadly, I believe that I had read that Baba is no longer with us. I may be mistaken, but I’m fairly certain of it :pensive:

I love this thread.

I literally hate ASMR…(it’s like wierd noises and stuff right). Sorry to say…I cannot stand the wierd noises. Might as well be nails scratching down a blackboard for me :neutral_face:

1 Like

Inner arm too :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

Gentle whispering ASMR does the best whispy hands :star_struck:

1 Like

Yeah I get caught stroking my arm wrist to elbow frequently, staring off into the distance lol

1 Like

@Olivia @Hazy
Definitely a Marmite, u love it or hate it situation!

3 Likes

Don’t really get the whole ASMR thing per se, but I re-watched Twin Peaks recently and the theme gave me an awesome scalp tingle that worked it’s way down my spine! :astonished: