Atheist alcoholics?

Ya me to … and nothing is crammed on you if you don’t like it just choose a diff thread I think you can always find someone or somthing that’s close to your Situation

1 Like

Funny I was sober for 220 days before I figured out it was not just a day counter on my phone :rofl: now I’m on it so much I had to up the data on my phone

1 Like

I was never good at counting my drinks. Now not counting my days. I just know the day I stopped. Since the intention is to keep sober from here and on, counting days is a reminder of something that is off limits. So I try not to focus on it. Whatever works! Right?

1 Like

Yup there are no rules other than the ones you make :smiley:

1 Like

And how are you today ? I hope this message finds you sober and happy :heart:

Fine and dandy! Chewing on a toothpick and reading through some funny threads.

1 Like

Awesome enjoy♥️

Never enjoyed a toothpick so much. Lol.

1 Like

Glad to have found this thread. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Just bumping this to the top because AA didn’t work for me. I’m currently in SMART and it is going really well. It is focused more on the fact that we are not powerless. We have all the power to make the choices we make, whether good or bad. It isn’t a steo program, but does teach amazing tools for dealing with urges. They have meetings like AA, in person and online, but they are a little different than AA meetings. I find them more helpful because we focus on the different tools and how we can apply them every day and in every situation.

https://www.smartrecovery.org/community/calendar.php

1 Like

Thank you so much! I created an account for SMART but never used it yet. I will give it a shot. I am having a really difficult time lately.

1 Like

I do not believe in the bible or jesus, I am just spiritual.

2 Likes

Definitely try one of the online meetings. They do a check in with everyone at the beginning of the meeting to see what the top couple topics need to be, and then go over a few of the SMART tools that might best help with the specific problem(s).

If someone lapsed or relapsed they have helped talk through what may have been the root issue that triggered the urge, then discuss a tool that can help them next time something happens.

It is honestly a fantastic program. Feel free to private message me if you want more info or to chat!

1 Like

There are a lot of People in AA who are not Jesus people or religious and the program worked great for them. It just wasn’t great for me specifically.

1 Like

Thank you! Unfortunately there is no AA where I live.

I’m not sure if AA has online meetings, but SMART does and I believe Dharma recovery does as well! There is one starting right now for SMART. You just scroll down to today, and follow the link. You’ll need to download the ZOOM app.

https://www.smartrecovery.org/community/calendar.php

Womp womp. Just kidding. This morning’s meeting was canceled. There are a bunch today though. A UK meeting at 2:30 EDT and then a whole slew this evening starting at 8! I think anyone can go to the UK meetings but I haven’t tried so I’m not positive.