Atheist and Sober without god - please be respectful

I started this thread just to see if there were any other atheist in sobriety on this app. I am completely amazed by the response. I’ve been a lone athiest that has found a couple others like me in my lifetime.
Never had I thought I would find so many others. I am so happy that everyone has been respectful to and considerate of all opinions. Even when some have attacked our beliefs. I feel this has become my favorite place to be to feel safe to talk about handleing our addictions with such calm collective and well thought out methods.
I hope that my FB page is just as successful at being positive and insightful. I might just catch another crowd of us that use that platform. I don’t expect everyone to use both however having so many that do we can still share our idieas and celebrate our hard work together. Its mearly just a bridge connecting us together.
Idk about everyone else but I’m tired of hiding in the shadows of the majority. Our opinions are just as important. From now on and I have already started. Im comming out and being public about being athiest. When in convetsation or job interviews we all know that does come up.
I myself went to an interview for a position at my daughters school I spoke up and said " to be honest in am atheist" at my own surprise my interviewer was more excepting to me for being so honest and forth coming. Needless to say he hired me pending background check.
Anyway sorry about the long " what’s on my mind" I am so grateful to have each and everyone of you on here. This group would not be what it is without you. It is my honor to have you all!!! Im Jeremy Brooks from Kansas and I am discovering the sober me! And I am atheist! Thank you for letting me share my thoughts.

2 Likes

Sorry Jess I did not see your comments while I was babbling. Where here for you. I don’t always have the right words to say but you are and amazing person. I’ve seen the good side if you over last few days.

1 Like

I would take you as a mentor with all the kindness is have seen.

2 Likes

:pleading_face::pleading_face: ugh okay now I’m really crying lol if I wasn’t crying enough before. That means so much to me!

1 Like

You are stronger than the thoughts just fight through whatever gets in your way the better you is here to stay!

2 Likes

Honestly thank you! I knew it was a good choice to post how I was feeling here. You guys are seriously great!

1 Like

I don’t like seeing my friends sad I hope those are happy tears jump back on our pink cloud and get comfortable

2 Likes

Here I come! :joy: thanks @Compen

1 Like

Here Is a soft spot for you

2 Likes

Who says we need sponsors the 80 year old method? We have each other…

1 Like

As the OP I think we are way off topic. We are not here to talk about moderators and what they do or to start any debates. We are on here to talk sobriety as atheist and how we are dealing with each step of the way. Or just to lend a shoulder to lean on. Or even pick someone up after they fell or help them when they start to stumble.
If you’r on here for any different reason maybe your on the wrong thread. We are all fragile during our time of Discovery. Please be kinda and respectful. And love one and another. Just remember how you have felt when treated awful. It does not feel good.
I’m going to jump back on my soft pink cloud because im only a month and half sober and im enjoying this ride while I can and keep preparing for the unavoidable crash coming. And listen to the stories this thread is meant for so I know what’s in my near future.

5 Likes

I was responding to some post in derailment. And I had said something to one of them. I would like to share. I told them. “This thread has became a life changing event to me and im willing to do whatever I can to help my fellow atheist feel comfortable with themselves.”

2 Likes

Congratulations on your month and a half Compen.
Great job :clap:
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thanks dazercat

2 Likes

I hope I’m lucky enough to stay on the cloud i had a massive almoust deadly crash that woke me up and I came out of the hospital I was grateful to be alive and sober. Sorry to hear that story that’s rough man. Join us on the cloud. Sounds like you were in a rodeo riding that bucking bull. Im glad you walked away sober. That’s awesome to hear.your a strong new sober you. Think you so much for sharing your story. That’s what we are here for.

4 Likes

@Dona why are you on my atheist thread?

2 Likes

Yes that would be the one!

I was turned off by all the prayer hands before even reading it. And yes by time I got to that part" the grace of the big spirit" My anxiety level was through the roof.

2 Likes

I’m sorry it caused you anxiety. I guess for me, I find it refreshing when people who have a spirituality express they accept people who don’t. Because I think it is so rare that “believers” will accept that there is room for atheists and that our way is just as valid in terms of sobriety. I hear you, though, and this isn’t the place to talk about spirits or god.

5 Likes

Closed at the request of the OP. Please post on the following thread to continue your conversation: