Atheist and Sober without god - please be respectful

1 month 12 days I’ve tried aa meetings but like most atheist I refuse to believe in a higher power or have a spiritual awakening. I’m trying to find or make a local meeting for us but my community just gives me negative feedback. Or others in AA say im not willing to go to any length so I will fail and refuse to sponsor me. Its time for atheist to come out of the woodwork. Come on fellow atheist show your pride show we are here. We are not alone!

33 Likes

243 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sober without god. An atheist / agnostic thread. Please be respectful!

Hi Jay.Liza thank you.

3 Likes

Awesome I will check that out. Im just tied of being respectful to all religious ppl. Just so they can tell me im nothing without a god. And be disrespectful back at us.

6 Likes

I want to take this to social media show we’re atheist and sober and proud to be who we are.

4 Likes

There is a book Staying Sober Without God it has twelve steps that are practical

7 Likes

We need to find someone that knows how to start a social media campaign to bring us out of our hiding. Show your pride in who we are and we’re not scared of deing ambushed of being preached at. They can believe what they want. We live in reality.

4 Likes

I’ve got to go to work. I will check in with you guys later tonight. And be you.

2 Likes

I agree the way I look at it is there is no higher power than ourselves. A better self.

4 Likes

I guess that’s what I was trying to achieve a just want to connect all atheist just in a higher level

3 Likes

Thank you Jay.Liza I just got home from work we have got a bit off subject. However I was speaking a little to far fetched when this began. You are exactly right I am wanting to get us all connected. Im tired of feeling alone I should say my wife and it in our sobriety. I am very happy to see how many have already connected. Now can we all use this to help each other in sobriety and our just to find friends that are also atheist.

3 Likes

The OP was looking for fellow atheists, not a debate. Off topic posts were moved to Derailment void. Please feel free to continue the discussion there if necessary.

Thank you for cleaning it up :black_heart: @Compen How are you doing?

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

That’s what I have always said " there is no higher power than ourselves" it might be our better sober self but still ourself

2 Likes

Only ourself can make the changes not someone or somethinge

2 Likes

I feel like we are stronger for not relying on someone/something else to make the changes we need

3 Likes

My goal was to find other atheist in recovery. I was feeling alone in this world. I feel like I was successful in that. And shout out to jay.liza thank you for helping moderate. Lets continue in numbers and bring support to each other. I feel like this right here is a support system in itself.

4 Likes

Mno that works in my books. Glad to have you in our support.

3 Likes

It smile every time I look at this group and there sharing of love and and ideas for sobriety. All atheist and agnostics welcome here

6 Likes