Auricular (Ear) Acupuncture for Cravings. Feedback?

Has anyone tried Acupuncture on their ear before to help cravings? My addictions center offers it and I’m wondering if it’s worth the trip to give it a try. Or if you have any other tips for cravings I’d appreciate those too! Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of this but not had acupuncture since before I got sober. Years ago, my acupuncturist put needles in my ear for depression.
Tagging @Brookiemonster618 on this one.

3 Likes

I haven’t done acupuncture for addiction, but did do acupuncture several times over the years. It was incredibly helpful with my tendonitis and repetitive motion issues from typing (back in the day). I would use any tool available to me. It can take a few times to release the energy. I found acupuncture very relaxing and calming as well. Go for it!

1 Like

I do this for school all of the time. I’m getting my doctorate in acupuncture and this is one aspect. I go to a rehab and treat the people there and it really helps them. I’ve also had it down for the same reasons and know from personal experience it has helped tremendously. In addition to cravings it helps with sleep and anxiety as well. PM me if you want. :blush:

4 Likes

Awesome on pursuing your doctorate in acupuncture. Didn’t know this application existed.

1 Like

I had it done a couple of times in rehab and it was really good

1 Like