Autumn blues

This time of year has always been hard for me. A lot of shit has happened during this time over the years and my mental health usually caves around this time. I feel so alone and everything just seems hopeless. I have a sinking feeling that nothing is going to get better. I just relapsed and and I feel like even more shit. I don’t want to tell my family because I’m so afraid of hurting them and having them lose trust in me. I’m stuck.

1 Like

Hey there Johnnie, welcome. You are here, sharing. that is a first step! I can relate with the time of the year taking its toll. For me this is also a hard time every year. Are you aware of what you might need (to change) to get through it?
Take care, one day at the time!

3 Likes

Well I’ve been trying to find a sobriety group to join. I’ve also been trying to find a new therapist too that would help. I’m gonna see my parents soon so there’s that.

1 Like

I can tell you from experience that telling the truth is always the way to go. I am recovering myself as you now know, and my boyfriend just relapsed. However he did not tell me, I caught him. Now because he didnt come to me I DO NOT believe anything he says right now. The truth always comes out one way or another. Try to stay strong. You’d be surprised how acceptance your receive when your open and honest about needing help.

3 Likes

Good for you! and well, this group is awesome. anoying sometimes as it can be confronting :wink: But i learn every day here. I hope you have a good time at your parents and make it through the day with Grace!

3 Likes

Thank you!

I know, I don’t know how to broach the subject to them. I’m so scared at what they’ll say. I just don’t want to see the disappointment in their faces

1 Like

I really wish I could help you there but I cant. I would have been hurt either way but his lying made it almost unforgivable. I can suggest sitting down with maybe your family and talking to them about what’s going on and why. They may be extremely supportive. Even though it may be disappointing to you at first. I feel like you may look back later and see it as courageous. I wish you luck & look forward to hearing some positive feedback!

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart: I hope you can resolve things with your boyfriend, that really does suck

1 Like

You are most welcome. I’m sure things will work out the way they are supposed to, eventually!!

1 Like

Honesty really is the best policy. As a parent of 2 kids in recovery once the truth came out and continued both my kids earned my respect back. We always supported them the best we could when they weren’t using and when they were being honest. Actions over time and hopefully they will respect you back. My kids had to earn it though.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

As a momma, I can say the disappointment would be far deeper when the truth is hidden. There is a special kind of hurt that parents feel when they discover their children have lied or failed to share something vitally important.

Truth is always best because the lie will eat you alive. You are already feeling that while thinking about not telling them, are you not?

My friend, it is the greatest pain to hold the truth in. From those you love and more importantly from yourself. Your journey isn’t always going to be straight and narrow but if you can find strength in all versions of yourself you can find the strength to let addiction fade away and to speak to your family.

Don’t sink in your thoughts, let them out. If your relapsing would hurt them that means they care. Let them care for you. That’s why we’re all here. Because we care

Thanks for sharing, keep doing that :black_heart: