Autumn Leaves & Pumpkins PleasešŸŽƒ

I tried to look for a thread dedicated to Autumn :fallen_leaf:
Let me know if Iā€™ve missed it somehow.
I thought this could be fun to kick off MY personal favorite season.
Today Iā€™ve put on a Halloween ambience on my TV that plays for 10 hours :joy_cat: and Iā€™ve lit my favorite fall scented candle.

What are some of the things you like to do?
Your favorite autumnal music, movies, projects, meals, activitiesā€¦

18 Likes

Iā€™ve found my people :relieved: Iā€™m so ready for the temp to drop and leaves to start dying :smiling_imp: jk but really Iā€™m ready for autumn

5 Likes

I love watching the dying leaves :fallen_leaf:

Whatā€™s a favorite Autumn or spooky movie of yours? :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ooohā€¦ nightmare before Christmas. It gets me in the fall spirit and definitely the Halloween spirit :ghost::ghost: how about you??

2 Likes

Oh thatā€™s a good one!
Iā€™d say Practical Magic for me. For scary movies I love to watch into the season I would say Rear Window and The Shining.

2 Likes

I watch all my favourite scary movies. Scream, Halloween :ghost: are my favourites. I decorate my place with Halloween decor for children (and myselfā€‹:jack_o_lantern:) itā€™s my faaavvvvv holiday! Scented candles & cozy blankets & cozy clothes. Sweater weather. lol you name it I love it. I also plan to go to the haunted houses SOBER this year which Iā€™m excited for!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s so exciting!
Itā€™ll be a blast :ghost:
Iā€™m throwing a murder mystery Halloween party this yearā€¦ while sober.
Look at us winning this season :muscle::black_heart::orange_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

I LOVE ur tv screen!!! We only have a fireplace and an aqaurium for our choices on the tv lolā€¦ boring (unless its Christmas and then the fireplace does well).

I love the autumn seasonā€¦ the colors, smells, the temperature. Its my fav time of year and yet it just doesnt last as long as id like. I am a hoodie girl so thats what i love wearing the most. And i love that i can do my makeup without it all melting off due to the heat of summer :smiley:
My fav candle is Apple Cranberry Spice.
Fav fall movie would have to be the Nightmare before Christmas
I love to do fall photo shoots also with my son when the leaves are falling or piled up. They really turn out nice :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf:

5 Likes

It sounds like you cultivate a wonderfully magical fall time experience for your son to grow up with! :heart_eyes_cat::fallen_leaf::jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

I :heart: fall camp fires :fire: and coffee :coffee: with a warm fuzzy sweater and socks. :leaves: :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: :leaves: :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: :leaves:

3 Likes

So, we actually are experiencing the temperature drop, from 29Ā°C on Saturday to 9Ā°C today. There are first brown leaves on the sidewalks, the sun light already has a different color temperature. Yesterday while the wind was blowing in gusts my daughter suggested to play leaf hopping. We took our rain weather shoes out of the closet.
For me fall is about how the weather changes, the sunlight, nature around us. Flowers and leaves are whilting, more rain, shorter days, cooler temperatures. Cozy tea evenings with a blanket. More inside activities, less hectic outside energy.

6 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman I SO feel your ā€œmake-up melting off my faceā€ commentā€™ :rofl: Ugh! Mid 90ā€™s here east of Dallas this weekend. :hot_face:

3 Likes

My favorite nostalgic feeling is when the street lights come on, the wind blows, and leaves ruffle across the street. It immediately stops me in my tracks and takes my mind back to being a child and playing outside with the neighborhood kids, or trick or treat with my sister. Something calming yet suspicious in the air. Makes me miss my hometown.
This is a pic of my hometown right outside my house I had as an adult. Thatā€™s my elementary school in the background and these are the streets I walked. I got that nostalgic feeling in this moment and captured this pic of Gus :face_holding_back_tears:

Oh and the smell of burning leaves!

21 Likes

Omg this is the BEST thread! I always put a winter scene on the TV at Christmastime but hadnā€™t thought to look for images for other holidays. How fun is that?!! The ever elusive fall season is my absolute fav too. We had a false one last week with some chilly (50ā€™s) nights and slightly cooler days but itā€™ll be late Oct/early Nov here before autumn really arrives. Texas :roll_eyes:. You kids can have your scary movies :joy: although I will say Disneyā€™s Coco was really good! I love burning pumpkin or apple spice scented candles, pulling lap throws out of the closet, sitting on the deck watching the leaves float to the ground from our massive front yard oak tree. We donā€™t have many hardwoods to turn beautiful fall colors but after the temperatures start dipping low, the native grasses on our farm will turn beautiful shades of gold with a little red. My heart literally beats a little faster when I open the blinds the morning after the first cold front comes through and I can see steam hovering over the pond. I look forward to the southbound Canadian geese stopping by for a day or two. One year a mated pair stayed the entire winter and the following spring out from the pond grasses they came with 4 little goslings! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: LOVE decorating my deck with pumpkins and mums and planting pansies and violas in the flower pots. And I canā€™t wait to rake giant piles of leaves for my granddaughters to run and jump into. Looking forward to squeezing every bit of joy this fall has to offer with a couple months of sobriety behind me :orange_heart::brown_heart::heart:

8 Likes

I grew up near Boston, MA, USA - which is quintessential autumn. October in that part of the world is perfection.

Living out in the desert for over 3 years now, itā€™s one of few things I miss. Hard to cultivate cozy autumnal feelings when itā€™s still blazing sun!

Hereā€™s a pic of autumn Chief before we moved.

17 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Oh so happy you started this Sienna :jack_o_lantern:
I was looking for something like this last night. Could find this.

Working on my Halloween Catio a little bit at a time.

Out here some people are already deck out big time. Maybe I can post a few pics of the good ones I see. Not that there are any bad ones.

9 Likes

It ainā€™t much but it helps it feel at least kinda like real autumn in the desert

Been wanting one of these a few years, gonna finally order one, I think.

9 Likes

Oh a Halloween catio :heart_eyes_cat:
How magical

1 Like

These are beautiful :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like