Baby Steps Update

For those that know me, me and my wife are trying to work on our marriage. For those that don’t, Hi my name is Danny and I’m a 31 year old alcoholic with 3 kids who has been separated with his wife for a month due to the fact I am a terrible person when I drink.

Day 32 now and things are kinda starting to fall into place. Still haven’t had a drink and me and my wife are trying to work things out. We are not officially back together, but we have currently moved back in with one another. for now. We are moving 2 hours away from where we live now. For 4 days out of the week ill be staying at my brothers house to both give us that needed space and to stay close to my job. This will prob remain for the rest of the year in hopes to create a stronger future for me and my wife.

I want to thank everyone who has given me support in these hard time. Without the words of many, I probably would have already picked up a drink.

24 Likes

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you are all moving in a positive direction. I hope you are having some healing conversations as well. :heart:

5 Likes

Danny that’s freaking AMAZING NEWS BRO!!! I’m so happy for you because I remember how sad you were. You just made my day brother, thank you for the update YOU ROCK!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

Good to hear buddy.
Don’t be a stranger, hanging around here helps us stay sober.

4 Likes

I wish it were all good news. Shes still in a mental place that keeps her distant from me. I know its gonna take time. A lot has happened in this month that idk if we can recover from fully, but will it be enough to get us through. Only time will tell.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re both trying to work on your marriage and I wish you well. Time is a great healer…thank you for your post, you’re an inspiration :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Just take it slow like you said. Life has a way of working out. Sending strength and hope to you.

1 Like

I’m proud of you, Danny. You just keep doing the right thing and good things will come your way. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m proud of you for handling this situation the best way possible. Your actions are speaking volumes and that’s all you can do right now. In time, things will all work out the way they’re meant to be.

1 Like

Congratulations! Stay strong! Your commitment to ditching the booze and working on your marriage is amazing! Best of luck. You’ve got this!!

1 Like

Good job Danny :+1: So proud of you! I had been praying that you would work things out :heart: Stay strong and I’ll continue to pray for your happiness :pray:

1 Like

You sound like a strong man who wants the right things and is working hard to get there. Very inspired by you and hoping for a complete reconciliation with your wife. Prayers!

1 Like