Back after a few months

Hi everyone, sorry for being absent for the past 5 months or so. Things have been pretty chaotic and it’s fair to say things got a lot worse before they got better. But here I am, 45 days sober from alcohol and determined. This time I feel different, I feel like I’m 100% in this now, where as when I have tried to go sober in the past I have always been half in and half out, always knowing deep down I’ll have another drink…

This time there is no chance I’m letting myself fall back into that trap. Things got really bad over Christmas. Without going too much into it, I ended up in A&E after drinking and collapsing in the street (this was around 3 in the afternoon, I hadn’t eaten for a couple of days and I don’t even remember leaving my house or how I got to the hospital… I just know that a stranger found me in the street and called the ambulance). I thought this would shock me into stopping drinking but nope… I carried on for a couple more weeks.

But I finally made the decision to stop and for good this time. Generally I feel good. I always feel better, mentally and physically, when I don’t drink. But it’s still incredibly difficult some days.

So that’s an update on me :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Welcome back. Glad you’re here and that you’re ok.

2 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome home. Sorry to hear that your latest relapse was so rough, but glad that you are recommitted and back on the sober road.

I am in a similar place. Came back after an 11 month relapse, after my mother died. Like you, I know this is the quit that stuck. I’ll never drink again.

Home is a place where no matter how long you’ve been gone, people are glad to have you back.

2 Likes

Thank you - that means a lot.

The mind is a powerful thing, @Liv! I think each time we fall, we learn something new about ourselves…and get smarter…and stronger! Wishing you the best on your sobriety!

1 Like

I am also at 45 days tonight at 8pm from the hell of oxycodone addiction, great job! Keep going we got this :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome back :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you all, it’s good to be back :blush:

2 Likes

So proud of your recovery! Your story is so inspiring, thank you for sharing!

Keep on going, you’re so strong!

It’s great to hear you made it back! Not all of us do. My sponsor likes to say, “Pretty sure I got another drunk in me. Not so sure I got another sobriety.”

Congratz on 45 days. Just one more to go :fist:t3::fist:t3:

1 Like