Back in my home town for the first time

I just got here early today, and when I first got here it was almost overwhelming my heart started racing and I felt like a huge weight landed on me although the weight got lighter its still there and I’m staying with my mom and she know how to get under my skin. But I am looking forward for tomorrow I am gonna hang out with a friend have some sober fun he knows everything that I’m going through and has helped me out along the way so he gonna be a big help while being here… but I’m nervous about seeing my brother he hasn’t and will not talk to me he talked to for the first few days after I told he that I was an addict and was getting clean. Then all of a
sudden he stopped all contact with me my dad told me that I scared the shit out of him and that hes just worried about me I still txt him every day hoping to get something back, but nothing. I am excited to see him he lives with my dad so I know I will get to see him but I’m scared that he won’t give me the time of day and I dont want to push him but I need my brother back and I dont know what to do or what to say when i do see him i really how he will stay and talk to me … and i also have anxiety about going to court thats why I’m here I just made a trip out of it so I can see family and friends. I just hope court goes well and I should I have been doing everything that i said i would do and i haven’t been in anymore trouble and i do have almost all of the money to pay off my fines so i should be good but I’m still scared because I was released early from jail 23 days earlier and if the judge is unhappy with me I’m going back to jail for the 23 days… so this is an very stressful trip for me I just hope I’m not taking on too much all at once.

1 Like

Hey, court brought you home. And you’re recovering. That is sort of a lot, but it’s where you’re at today. These are good steps, getting to court and squaring your debts.

As for the brother and family, probably it’s a lot to take in, yeah? I’d give them time and otherwise keep on working the straight path you’re on. When the time’s right, you’ll talk again and get square. That’ll be all the easier with court behind you and a clearer head.

Deep breaths now. So far so good. If we keep on with what we need to today, one day at a time, tomorrow may well take care of itself.

1 Like

This probably isn’t going to be what you want to hear, but you need to find a meeting tomorrow.

Thank you for getting back to me. And it’s about bed time here so I got through today I made it one day drown . So pretty much you think when it comes to my brother I should just sit back and let him come to me ?

I’m staying strong I got this I make it out of this stronger

1 Like

I’m saying what he will do is up to him, just as what you do is up to you. Just part of acceptance. I really don’t know your whole situation. If my own brothers needed some time/space, I would understand. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t say hi and you miss him though if that’s how you feel.

I’m a recovering drunk and found working a 12-step program eventually helped a lot for working things out with the people around me.

I will give him time all the time he needs I just alway had him by my side and now when I feel I need him the most hes not here for me and it really hurts, I just thought I would always have him no matter what. Hopefully he just needs time and hes not just writing me off . I know I need to put his needs and feelings first but sometimes it’s hard to do so when you need your big brother

1 Like

I know that feeling. It took some time, but building things back up with my own big brothers happened. They still live far away. Dunno what I’d do without 'em either though.

Keep on at it. Sounds like you’re making all the best moves you can make. :v:

1 Like

I’m differently trying to and will never give up on him I’m just trying to stay positive and hoping it will all work out of the best I. the end :heart:

2 Likes