Back on day one again.... I really wish I hadn't slipped up

So I lasted 10 days all in all this time, I made the mistake of having just one on Easter and it ended up in a binge. It’s 12 hours since I had my last drink and Have made the choice to start again and make it last this time.

The anxiety cripples me initially but I know it gets easier and better the longer I keep alcohol away from my body.

Hopefully this time I can make it work and will definitely be getting back to regular meetings.

6 Likes

Take stock of how you feel, and remember this the next time you’re tempted by “just one” - as others have said, 1 is too many and 1,000 is never enough for us…

You’ve got a great plan, you can do it!!

3 Likes

Don’t get beat up about it. Head down, go again.

3 Likes

1 is too much, 100 is never enough…

You cant just have 1, not having that first 1 is the only one you will ever have control over…

3 Likes

Drop the word “Hopefully “ from your thoughts. That sentence works a hell of a lot better then.

Don’t beat yourself up. Learn, adjust and move forward!

2 Likes

I’ve made it through this long so I’m just taking it hour by hour. This app and community help, I always find myself drifting back on every few hours to have a read of someone else experiences and it makes you feel a little less hard on when you realise you’re not the only one fighting your addiction.

4 Likes

You are definitely not alone now youve got all of us :blush:

3 Likes