Back to day 0 but was it worth it?

Day 6… As usual. Insomnia strikes again… Waking up dizzy and tired due to lack of sleep and I’m Really on the verge of sayin “fuck it” n get drunk cause at least il manage to sleep when I have a hangover, but what would be the point. After I get drunk I’m still going to have insomnia, so it’s not worth to waste a good streak that iv got going. I also can’t get drunk whilst supporting and telling others on this app that there stronger than they realise when there going through the same thing… I should practice what I preach n tell myself the same thing.

Iv noticed on day 5 my appetite has came back, and it came back ruthless And also today which is a pain in the back side cause I’m eating alot lol iv noticed my stomach is gettin less cramps and going to the toilet (bowel movements) is a difference, (too much info I know :joy: but this is a journal). still finding myself going to the toilet every 15 mins when I want to sleep, this only happens when I try sleep. Probably anxiety that’s making me over think it n making myself go to the toilet.

But over all another day done. Roll on tomorrow

3 Likes

Way to go- that’s a huge success to overcome the obstacles you are so transparently and courageously sharing.

The insomnia is just so bloody hard. I don’t wish it on my worst enemies.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I was given diff types of sleeping tablets n none worked n when I stopped the medication I felt so ill for days, only thing I haven’t done is be sober so can’t hurt to try, insomnia is legit evil lol just need to be open and honest in my journal so I can remember it all and also hopefully help others who feel like no one understands, this way when they read my journal they can realise there not alone

1 Like

Thank you so much for keeping this up! I am exactly where you were on day one and seeing you progress is encouraging.

2 Likes

Awww thanks, :grin::heart:. Don’t give up

Mate there’s a whole thread or two dedicated to sober poops so it’s not too much information lol. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That made me lol, I can’t deal with sober poops. It’s like pushing out king Kongs finger the more I’m sober, eventually itl be fine once my body goes to normal,

day 7 now. (not completed it yet. But just on day 7). Feeling good still, better everyday. This time last Saturday I was rough as a badgers arse. Sweating and ill. And I felt so crap for days but 1 week later. Full of new energy n decided to weed the garden. Took 4 back breaking hours but it’s worth it. Usually I’d be sweating like a fat kid in a sweet shop but I didn’t, Normaly I’d have a bottle of wine and few pints to celebrate but no chance. Not the life I want, I prefer this new life even tho pushing out King Kongs finger is brutal,

iv noticed on day 5 I didn’t need to wear my glasses as much as usual and the same yesterday… Never mentioned this in my previous journal incase I jinxed it or imagining things but Today how ever iv not wore them once and I’m finding it weird. Went to the shop earlier and seen the alcohol section and no lie… My Mouth actually watered as if it was a big juicy steak.

One day at a time. Tomorrow I can feel even more proud once day 7 is completed, 1 full week sober. No done that for a very long time. I relapsed lst week on day 7 but never completed day 7, now I’m just going all the way.

Thank you to everyone who helped me motivated whilst going through your own personal demons. We are not alone so never ever feel like you are.

Top love n respect… The Scotsman :+1::muscle::heart:

7 Likes

How’s the 7 day going amigo

1 Like

Great work- both in pinching off day 6 and that Peter Jackson monster movie sized shit!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Thank you

Pretty great! I went out for a giant hike. Had a couple of cravings yesterday (yay for Friday boredom that I’d love to blame on covid but that would be a lie) but stayed strong and prepped for today. 12.6 miles and 2700’ elevation gain in about 2.5 miles. It was out around Mt St Helens.

9 Likes

Wow. View looks amazing. Congrats on a full week sober partner :muscle::+1:

Definitely identify with feeling better and deciding that’s a fine reason to drink. Almost as though not being used to and comfortable with simply feeling good. It’s baffling for sure. Hope all is well.

1 Like

Good for you to have the insight into the details of relapse. 7 days sober away from destructive behaviour is amazing! For me reflecting on the negative consequences of relapsing is difficult to do but it has helped me. I recorded the details of my last relapse in the ‘resets’ of this app so I can reference it when I feel the old demon coming back, this helps. ‘Addicted me’ and ‘sober me’ are two different people, and when things are better it is easy to forget how bad it got. It was never worth it!

3 Likes

The mind and body like to forget the pain.

Beautiful. I’m from the PNW as well, would not live anywhere else. Even with all the dang pine needles and slugs.

1 Like

At BEST I’ve been indifferent the day after. Kind of amazing we go back to something destructive that we were at best indifferent to. I’ve been wondering why for years. I know why; chemical, habitual, social addiction. Absent that, insanity.

1 Like

Hi Thescotsman. I hope all is well. I’d just like to share this price of info with you. On Aug 12 I’ll have 4 years sober and I’ve had great success in following a few easy steps. I can now sober cab my friends without even wanting to drink so I hope the same will workout for you. My first year I did not go to a bar at all. Be observant of your breathing. And don’t be impulsive. Here is a link to help you https://motivationandchange.com/urge-surfing/

1 Like

Day 9.feeling great, had issue in the bank and went for a hair cut but it went great, usually in these situations, especially hair cuts I get nervous n anxiety flares up bad. Red face. Dizzyness, brain fog, unable to strong a sentence together, and on the verge of passing out material because of my social anxiety but today… nothing. Was thinking to myself as I was sat in the barbers chair like this is great… Then I was thinkin why was my anxiety bad before and because I was thinking about it. I felt dizzy but immediately thought about something else. And it went away. My mind was racing and I was like woaw calm it mate, honestly never touching alcohol again. Fuck thatttttttttt. Alcohol sucks ass, sober life is beautiful

5 Likes

Thank you for this :raised_hands:and big congrats on the 4 years. That’s impressive