Back to day 0 but was it worth it?

The slugs are drunks. Put beer in your garden. :joy:They go in, get drunk, bloated, and drown. Kind of like me and beer back in my drinking days.

3 Likes

My anxiety got much much better after some months. After a couple of years, it’s almost non existent.
I also do mindfulness, and CBT to help keep my brain less fidgety.

1 Like

Day 10. Double digits now. No been sober with double digits for couple of years now I think, anxiety has dramatically dropped. Only a small tiny amount, but thatl be me adjusting from severe anxiety for years to today having very little to almost 0, went shopping and for once I could walk about head held high, proud, without feeling brain fog unable to function mentally in regards to basic information. Having red faced. Nervous and panicking, tight chest. Breathless and dizzy, fear of passing out.(damn you anxiety) … But today it was like I was a new person, I hope all you people who relapse time and time again and have anxiety please take the time to read my progress. Iv never felt so happier and calm like this for years, instead of meditation from doctors to help this. I stopped alcohol and the transformation is incredible. Stay strong, stay focused and remember we all can do this :+1::muscle:

8 Likes

I have severe anxiety too so I hope my body and mind responds the same way yours has and that I can get some much needed test from it too

1 Like

Good for you for sticking to it. The more you do the more you will benifit.
It’s hard at first but it’s well worth it. Just gotta stick to it. No good backing out when the going gets tough.
It’s all to do with growth.
Proud of you Jock!

1 Like

Just takes time but it’s honestly for the better btw. Hopefully this will help your anxiety as it hs for me

Thank you for your kind words. It genuinely is worth it. Just life with alcohol 2 weeks ago seemed dark n depressing compared to now

2 Likes

Felt the urge earlier to drink but Just done some weight training, muscles are proper pumped :muscle:. Best weight training session iv ever had. Amazing how much alcohol decreases your strength and fitness,

4 Likes

Hi…I hear you about your insomnia…its awful!!:angry::angry:Not sure what meds you got for sleep by doctor at rehab prescribes Trazodone and it works like magic!!!Just an idea!:+1:Hope it gets better for you!!!I am on day 2 and feeling crappy but patience is a key I guess!:v::v::pray::pray:

1 Like

Way to go on 10 days! That’s such good news. If you feel any cravings, stay honest and post about it, or message. 10 days is a huge joyous victory! Now aim for that great feeling of adding a new day to that number tomorrow!

1 Like

Thank you for these kind words, stay strong n stay safe :+1::muscle:

1 Like

No gona lie… I’m on day 11 now but Last night and today iv noticed that I’m smoking alot more than usual, it appears as tho I’m dumping one addiction and slowly increasing another addiction. I’m going to need to pull my finger out and nip that in the bud. Im alot more alert, more creativity and production has dramatically improved, my face and skin is alot better but im also alot more bored now. I could happily play the ps4 for hours but now I’m finding myself constantly turning it off after 10 mins to do something else instead, Cravings come and go, last night I even thought about buyin non alcoholic beer, non alcoholic cider, but feel this is a form of cheating even tho it’s non alcohol. Iv not had brain fog or anxiety or migraines for a couple days now which is amazing but damn I’m bored as hell

3 Likes

@just_me and @TheScotsman. Have you tried melatonin? It has helped me so much with thr insomnia. I take it, then do a 10 min or more of meditation(someone talks so I can listen to what they have to say, because my own thoughts are always negative) I also drink when bored and restless. I also bought paint by numbers for adults, to keep my mind busy. I walk whenever I get an urge. I also started a focus board where I look through magazines and cut out things that I want to do, or like ect. Tool box items have helped a lot

2 Likes

Boredom combined with insomnia is lethal…be very aware of the incoming triggers.

I had a hard time passing 10 days because of exactly the same factors as you.

Just do what you gotta do. If you need a few more smokes, or sugar, go for it, in my non professional opinion.

The pain of discipline is not as bad as the pain of disappointment, like this app says.

You can do it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry too much about the smoking, though have you thought about vaping?
I vaped like a steam engine when I first gave up drinking. But it soon evened out then five months ago I just dropped the vape as well. Didn’t plan it but it broke and I said I wouldn’t buy another one so it went. Haven’t missed it.
I also drank a lot more coffee. Even that’s dropped now. Just go with the flow and concentrate on the drinking.

1 Like

Work on yourself first brother and then everything else will fall into place. Last drink I had I had a hangover for a week. Was it worth it. No. Having a clear head is the best thing in the world. Brain fog of the beer nah get it out your life. Mind over matter you can do it but only you can. Nobody is forcing beer down your neck only you. Soon as you stop doing that you have stopped drinking. Just work at keeping it out your body and work towards feeling better. Have a break from it

3 Likes

Not yet. My friend keeps mentioning this, might give it a bash n see what it’s like. Thanks for this. Boredums are brutal eh :joy:

It is difficult isn’t it. It’s a weird crave feeling. The thought of gettin drunk never once left my mind today. Not once. I had to smoke a spliff when I woke up to prevent myself from driving to get alcohol. I honestly don’t know how I feel :joy: I’m glad I’m sober but am also annoyed I’m not drunk. But if I drunk il be gutted and annoyed about it, back to day 0 isn’t worth it. It is difficult to not think about it :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Tried vaping but went back on cigs. Forgot I had a vape. Cheers for this :+1: going to search for it tomorrow, hopefully I won’t need to buy a new one, well done for quitting smoking, vaping and alcohol :muscle:

1 Like

Hangovers certainly get worse with age. I’m 30 and my hangovers are brutal. I won’t want a hangover when I’m 50 odds if it’s bad the now lol clear head is amazing after years of brain fog, I genuinely feel alot better physical and mentally, a complete transformation which is why I don’t ever want to drink again but today I was proper struggling lol need to keep pushing on, thanks for your kind words, stay safe brother :muscle:

1 Like