Back to day 1 :(

Back at day one again :’( so disappointed in myself, it wasent a big relapes on alcohol but still picked up after 24 days sober. Im going back in to rehab tomorrow as a day patient for 28 days and think i let the fear and anxiety run riot in my head and just wanted to quiet it down, definitely not worth loosing all my clean days over. Feeling rubbish today and full of guilt, determined not to drink today and follow thru with rehab, wish me luck x

15 Likes

Wishing you all the strength and luck in the world my friend! Forget what has happened and focus on the future… :blush: have a great sober day 1! X

1 Like

Thank you :blush::+1: i couldnt live with myself not being honest about what happened, i wish you a great day and happy recovery x

1 Like

Hang in there! Progress not perfection. You got this. Relapses can be a positive, you just gotta learn what went wrong to lead you to drink! Keep your head up, 28 days is a lot of clean time!

2 Likes

You’re owning it and trying to figure out the why behind your drinking. That’s important.
Make the most of your time in rehab and keep moving forward!
:muscle:

1 Like

It’s a marathon; not a race. We all have setbacks. We all fall down. It’s about getting back up and moving forward. You can never change the past, only shape the future you want to see. So you should feel bad; you did let yourself down, but remember that feeling and hope you never feel it again. Be stronger than the excuses. Use those feelings to keep pushing you forward! Wishing you luck! :muscle:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :blush::+1: i definitely need to look at the lead up as there is normally a warning sign long before i pick up the drink, going to make the most of these 28days and stay connected with people on here and in meetings, have a great day everyone and thank you x

2 Likes

Good for you for nipping this in the bud. It is well understood that relapses take us to a place worse than we were before. You are getting yourself help right away before that happens and I admire you for that.

YOU CAN DO IT!

2 Likes

You got this! Stay strong just dont look back keep on moving! Xo

1 Like

Thank you :blush: just going to take tomorrow as it comes, worrying wont change anything! Have been honest at my home group tonight to, ur support means alot and wish you well :+1: ill update when i can x

1 Like

Total and ruthless honesty is first and foremost. Success in rehab. Let’s make this work! Hugs.

2 Likes

Good luck @Shell_Gee , that’s all we can do, just keep trying and each time add some new supports in -they just might be the ones you need to save it from happening again. I like having something to look fwd to , such as crispyclean sheets on a fresh made bed, or a bath, or some cute socks (weirdo lol) even just alone time -i get sick of doing all the dam housework.
I’m sorry you dropped the ball, tomorrow is a new day and it’s sure going to be better, don’t be too hard on yourself. What’s done is done :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: sending a hug back, lets do this!!

Your advice is great and really appreciate your comment, having a fresh clean bed and home definitely helps as when im drinking can be a totally diffrent story. And yeh it never ends lol but a good way to keep busy :blush: wishing you a fab day x

1 Like

I wish you all the strength you need to battle this! You got this, you are stronger than you will ever know!

I’m day one off a meth relapse. I promised to immerse in this app, learn triggers and avoid them, and to journal.

2 Likes

Respect the power of the drug, like the guy who kicked your ass fair and square. Every time I see the guy I shake his hand and walk away.