Back to day one again again again

Good job man… I’m where you were when you started that post … day three , I think I’m still hangover from the past weeks lol.
I’m Relating a lot to your story , not telling people, drinking when alone… pretty hard during covid personally. Although I’m not a big guy, I am getting bigger because of booze and scrap food, and that’s not nice :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Good job again :clap:t2:

Nice job on your month!!! I hope you set a new goal. :grinning::heart:

Dude I know. My man tits were in fill effect. In just 30 days I see such a difference. I thought I would hate being alone and not drinking but I love it! I fire up my xbox and play late into the night or go for a walk or whatever. Been pounding coffee. Its so worth it man and when I was drinking I had every excuse in the books.

Keep in touch man. Really after like the first week or two I started to love being alone and sober. Do whatever you got to do to get thru the beginning. Zoom AA meetings were great for me. This is your journey! Great job on 3 days. It gets better.

4 Likes

Thank you!!
I think I have to learn to play again. One reason why I want to drink is when I feel the guilt of not being productive. So , like a lot of people, when my day is done at 5 o’clock my “work” is supposed to be done; but I always feel like I haven’t done enough - so to let me watch a movie or eating scrap without feeling guilty, I use the super remove feeling remedy named alcool. I can’t still imagine what it could be to be able to play Xbox without this feeling. This is a first big step for me!
Enjoy your month-day sober :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I think a lot of us are tremendously driven and goal oriented people, I know I totally have used alcohol as my way of getting myself to sit out for awhile and not feel guilty. Thing is its so counter productive. If youre sober you will acconplish a lot more at work. Youll actually enjoy playing games because youll play better and be present instead of just bullshitting on the mic and walking in circle confused, its only fun in the moment and the moment doesnt last when youre chasing a buzz. I remembered why I started playing in the first place.

How you making out?

2 Likes

Glad your still fighting. Sobriety is so fragile. It only takes a moment to justify that first drink. And theres a million ways to do it.

Fear has been my best defense. Fear of how horrible it could be if I pick up a drink, or place myself in situations where Im vunerable.

I have spent alot more time alone in sobriety than I ever have before. I finally gave up on the illusion that im missing out on all the fun.

If I could moderate it would be fun. I cant. I have more easy to stay sober days than hard to stay sober days at this point. I like that.

My inner alcoholic still tries to work me. Sometimes he can make it attractive, but I know its not my reality. Im a horrible, unpredictable drunk. Theres nothing attractive about it.

I like being able to be the best version of me. Sobriety has brought the most important people back into my world. I like that they get the best version of me too.

You got this!:muscle:

11 Likes

Yeah man!

Fear is a big one for me too. I think about my liver and the damage already done. That zaps my desire to drink quickly. Also fear of loosing things in my life that ive been working hard to hold on to.

Works ok. I just got back to the boat today. Im exhausted. What I wouldnt give for a few extra hours sleep.

1 Like

Awesome points man. I need to give up on that ellusion that I am missing out on all the fun myself

:rofl: This is so funny when we talk about gaming; but sadly this made me think of me walking around the house drinking and calling people without remembering it, or worse, driving. :man_facepalming:

I just woke up on day 4, body still feel like a disaster, like a truck had passed on it. But once I woke up I felt already better, and after my first sip of coffee, I’m already on my computer with ideas for my work. I would’ve usually been sleeping through, feeling guilt and shame, and the only reason I would be on my computer at this time would be the obligation - but today I feel like… thriving? is that the word? Anyway, first time feeling like using this word lol, so I guess its good.

And you what’s up? What is your plan now that you’ve passed the first month? Im looking forward to it, but I havent made myself clear with what will come next, so Im curious.
Good day!

1 Like

Haha yeah my friend called me the other day and said “havent heard from you, ass wipe. What do you only call me when youre drunk? How you doing man?”

Thriving…its tough to thrive and be a drunk, I sure couldnt regardless of “successes” in my life.

My plan is another month. Meetings. Talking with my sponsor. Enjoying life and the opportunity I have.

2 Likes

sounds good to me !

1 Like

I guess I am welcome to the club. Day 1 here

4 Likes

Heck yeah brother! Whats up??

1 Like

Have a good grind! Im missing the ocean big time! Im even missing boat chores a little. Missing salmon season and tuna will show up any day. But im taking my boys fishing tomorrow so its all good!

This will be the first father’s day in a decade i wont be feeling like numbing out! Thats a gift of sobriety. The biggest one! Its made my sobriety stronger. I didnt lose them because of drinking but my drinking kept me from being able to do what i have done about it this year.

You helped me put the bottle down during my final relapse. Ill always appreciate that!

Wishing you success! Be kind to yourself! You are worth it!

5 Likes

Thats been my biggest obstacle. 99 percent of the people i know seem to have a great time drinking. Its hard to not be attracted to it, but ive realized if i pay attention to the big picture, that they really arent having that great of a time.

Most of my drinking buddies are alcoholic and they know it. They are stuck in the illusion that they are having fun.

One of my “friends” gave me a lecture on how to drink better. Several months later he was spun out of his mind and was facebooking live. He was high AF and ended up getting arrested. His phone was knocked to the ground but you could here everything as he was getting cuffed and stuffed.

Its sad but kinda funny. Better him than me!

4 Likes

It happens! Dont be too hard on yourself! Your still here and thats all that matters! :hugs:

1 Like

Yep thanks man. Slow so we are just painting. I camt stand my captain but it is what it is.

I agree with you it seems everyone has a good time drinking, but I know its all false.

Anyway good luck fishing. Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

@Bubonicphoniks day 4 here, how are you
Doing my friend?

Hey brother.

Thats awesome. How are you feeling? It really got so much better for me after like day 4 physically. (You want that)

Everythings alright just at work. The mate on my boat made some awesome enchiladas. My girlfriend is going on a solo hike without me. Life is good man.

1 Like

I went 12 days. Had to reset tonight. Had 2 1/2 Truly drinks. Threw out half of last drink and went to hot tea. Much better than I used to be. I stopped myself and am proud of that. I will move on.

8 Likes