Back to reality after the care free days

Love my work but just not ready to be there for customers.

Been crying since early this morning…

Want to medicate but can’t. Won’t. This depression today just sucks.

As much as I love exercise, this is the last thing I want to do right now. I’m in my shell and I’m not sure when I’ll be coming out :frowning:

Please can this horrible lonely feeling just pass.

6 Likes

Hey lady, I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. When I get into that place of sadness, heaviness, being stuck in bed or on the couch, exercise feels like a big ask. Walking is really helpful because I can just take it one step at a time…I start by putting one foot in front of them other. If I can do that enough times and take a few laps inside my house, then I can walk outside and down and up my sidewalk once. If that works I can go down to the stop sign. Pretty soon, I’m moving and and the stuckness really starts to wear off. I’m not necessarily in a better mood, but I’m less stuck. For me, once I’m out of the stuck place, the feelings are A LOT more manageable. Shaking my body out to music is also helpful for this if going outside isn’t an option. Sending you some love and movement today :sparkles:

7 Likes

These first days can be tough.You’re here though lady. You’re using your tools. You’re not alone. Actually exercise can be exactly the medicine you need. The ‘medication’ you talk about is not helpful at all, it will just put you right back where you were. And also, you don’t do that no more.
You’re with us now. We’re moving forward together. Small steps. Crying helps too. There’s a lot of pent up stuff in you I guess. Be sure you don’t want to go back please. We’re in this together. We’re here with you. All the way. Hugs.

5 Likes

We’re here with you @Cherry_Kisses so don’t feel alone. Keep sharing if it helps, can you connect with a friend even if just by phone, it’ll be good to hear their emotions too and their tone of voice.
Substances will do us no good! Way to be strong!

There is a free website called 7 cups of tea. You text with a caring listener back and forth, might be worth a try?!

Edit: now it’s called 7 cups

2 Likes

Hi there! I think l felt what you were feeling yesterday-Day 8 for me! I hadn’t been out of the house since Boxing Day and l needed to fill a prescription so l reluctantly got dressed and walked to my nearest shopping strip (no drivers license ATM, so no choice but to walk). I went a different route so l didn’t pass the 2 bottle shops on the way. Started feeling myself fantasising about one small bottle of wine,and when l stopped those thoughts,anxiety, sadness and a lack of motivation almost turned me around back home again. But then,as happens a lot to me, a ‘God lncidence’ occurred, at precisely the right time that saved me from the demons in my head.
I walked past a man sitting on a fence smoking a cigarette and exercising his beautiful pet Cockatoo! I just adore any living animal and played and spoke with this bird for about 30 mins. He absolutely turned my afternoon around and my feelings of sadness dissipated, as did my cravings! I could not have predicted that outcome when l changed course enroute to the shops,but l’m so glad l did.
I will continue to go this way in the future just to have another encounter with my new feathered friend and bypass those bottle shops!!
For anyone that doesn’t know about our gorgeous Australian Cockatoos and their hilarious behaviours, check out April’s ‘Baby Bird and Cockatoos’ thread!:rofl::kissing_heart:
ALWAYS HAVE HOPE THAT YOUR DAY,NO MATTER HOW BAD,CAN TURN AROUND :heart:

5 Likes

I’m feeling this, I teach and got sober over Winter break. I go back to work tomorrow and I just don’t feel like I have the energy & my mental health is still kinda fragile. But like they say, one day at a time, if that’s too much one hour at a time, if that’s too much one minute at a time.

Maybe make a gratitude list and speak some positive affirmations on your way to work.

2 Likes

Indeed it does :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I I love how animals are just so innocent and happy “to just be”, no complications, no worries etc.

Here’s to you having many more lovely walks and spending time with your new friend. Spending time with and patting an animal is so therapeutic.xox

Please if you don’t mind, could you post a picture of the Cockatoo?

2 Likes

Baby birdies thread :heart: And the cockatoo crew :heart:

This is the thread

@apes2020 is our bird whisperer

1 Like

Awesome.

Hee Hee.

Glad to see @apes2020 is still around.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your lovely words!

I will try to see my new friend ‘Tucker’ again soon, and when l do, l will ask if l can take a couple of pics.
He’s so cute too-he says ‘Hello Tucker, What are you doing?’ Apparently he can bark like a dog and his owner said when it’s time for his exercise out the front of his house-he walks out like a dog,he doesn’t fly, even though he has a full set of flight feathers!:rofl: And sometimes he refuses to come back inside and gets angry if he thinks he hasn’t had enough time out on the fence​:heart:

BTW,how do l post photos on TS? I’ve been trying to work it out without success. I tried emailing for assistance, but l haven’t had a reply yet?!:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

There is a cooling off period for new members. If you DM the mods, they can tell you.

1 Like

Alive and kicking :rofl:

Oh that’s so cute. Those birds including parrots so intelligent!

When you hit reply or do a post, you will see the words reply and a dustbin on your left hand corner. On the right hand side are 2 icons too. Not sure about the TV screen far right but next to that is an icon that looks like a portrait.

Click on that and it will give you an option to choose a file “pic” from your gallery. Attach, upload and post.

Hope this helps.

Oh,thanks,so it’s not just me being not tech savvy?!:rofl: l was getting frustrated seeing everybody’s cool photos of their pets,plants,homes,etc and not being able to join in!:+1:

3 Likes