Back to the start.. again

Hi all, I’m currently on day 7 completely alcohol free and sober… I quit cigarettes, weed and cocaine a long time ago, and I’m pleased to say, that’s where they stay, in my past… Alcohol is my big sticky point… I quit a few years back and it slowly crept back in as I tried to convince myself and others I could handle it… wrong answer… it became then a secret… again, I thought no one could notice… I really want free from this! Coming down off it this last time, I really felt as if I was going to die… the sweating, palpitations & anxiety were crippling, although I have learned techniques over the years to help with that… my body was severely cramping and I was really sick…
I understand keeping it secret is/was the worst thing to do, however, I’m too embarrassed to speak to anyone. People look up to me for being their safe space and that’s what I offer… I take my demons on alone… Long story short, this is definitely my hardest battle.
Any words to keep me on track would be very welcome :pray:t3:
Thank you with love :heart:

10 Likes

Welcome @SunnyT to an awesome sober community. I struggled with alcohol too. What helped me was finding community and positive support her and in the rooms of aa

4 Likes

Lots of support here for you and lots of threads that you can speak on and get the support that you need. Welcome to the community and best wishes for your sobriety.

3 Likes

So glad you’re here, Sunny! I remember a person once saying that we are only as sick as our secrets… I am not saying that we should scream it from all the tallest bridges and buildings in the land, but talking about it helps us feel like we can live with ourselves–no matter what.

You and I never have to drink again friend.

5 Likes

You are not alone, come here, share, read around, lift your spirits with smiles on the meme thread and gratitude on the gratitude thread, check in on the daily check in thread to feel company.
Welcome to TS :sunflower:

2 Likes