Bad Alcoholic Skin

My skin is beginning to look better. More life in my eyes as well…Drinking is so damn bad for yah, so why is it so hard to quit?!

5 Likes

Idk myself. I developed rosacea in my mid 20s and cannot say if it was alcohol that was the cause but it would make sense. My redness goes away, maybe 75%, when I abstain for more than a week or so. And my eyes definitely look clearer and more alert after only a couple days. Why it’s so hard? Still figuring that out for my own reasons…

3 Likes

I relapsed today - I had 18 days sober and now I’ve drank for the past three. The poor sleep and self hate awakening at 2:45am is bad but mostly I’m dreading seeming my hungover eyes in the morning.

3 Likes

What happened… if you learned where you need to build your strength then it’s a part of your progress.

1 Like

Sobriety is not easy for anyone. I wish there were a magic pill or a wand but there isn’t. You have to want it bad enough that you dig deep and fight with everything you got. Are you doing any type of program?

3 Likes

I found out today I’m pregnant…so it’s actually pregnancy skin.

5 Likes

omg!!! congrats!!! :heart:

Wow! That’s awesome! Congrats! All the more reason to remain sober.

1 Like

Great news. Great modivation to stay sober. Bless your little one.

Thank you…yes. Major news…my son is 24 I now have a 3 month old granddaughter

2 Likes

‘traditional’ families are so 1950’s :laughing: thats wonderful news. keep us updated as your pregnancy goes along :heart:

Great news on your pregnancy!!!congratulations! :hugs::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Rosacea sucks ass excuse my German. :rage::flushed: Same for me, mid20s it started up and never really goes away now. But I’ve got photos from the last year of my drinking I kid you not my entire face is red as a beetle in them! I was looking as shite as I was feeling.
Brighten up ladies, one of the most marvellous things about sobriety is how we get to be cooler with your bodies, rosacea and all, and find more love and acceptance for ourselves. I wish you all a wonderful evening :two_hearts:

1 Like

Sobriety, for me, was difficult to achieve because when I sobered up, I would begin to feel all of my past resentments, regrets, fears, etc. Basically all the ugly stuff that I was drinking to forget would surface. It made sobriety excruciating. Drinking was also excruciating. It wasn’t until I got into a program of action that I was able to see how all my resentments were in some way impacted by my character defects. Once I was able to let those go and humbly ask God to remove them, knowing that I only had to try for spiritual progress not perfection did I find the miracle of the psychic change. I no longer wanted to drink and was finally able to make the best of what today had to offer without regret of the yesterday or fear of tomorrow.

Congratulations! Happy for you, so exciting!! :bouquet::bouquet::grapes: