Bad Craving /:

I’m finding myself having the worst craving I’ve had in my 131 days sober.

It’s the random triggers that get you the worst.

My boyfriend texted me he was gifted a bottle from a secret Santa. My mind IMMEDIATELY went to “OH I’m getting f** up** tonight yes!!!”. As quickly as that thought came another one did saying “ha, no you’re not.” (Keep in mind as soon as we got home he got rid of the bottle as he knows I cannot drink)

Ever since those thoughts I’ve been extremely agitated, I feel uncomfortable and like I just want to get out of my skin. It seems almost like nothing will satisfy whatever this feeling is. My mood is down and my mind just won’t stop. I know I’m not going to drink, so it’s a constant fight in my mind that I just want to go away.

Anyone have any advice?

8 Likes

I know that discomft well. I would hit an AA meeting and the feeling and endless thinking would subside

Fight for your sobriety @Jayyjayy

6 Likes

Maybe you are feeling so jittery because you’ve realized that triggers can still tempt you.

You didn’t drink.
You successfully made it through a trigger you weren’t expecting.
You are still sober.
Keep it up!

7 Likes

The thing that helped me was changing my relationship with alcohol.

Quitting something you love will always be a struggle, quitting something you hate will make things a lot easier.

You can also go for a walk or take a hot shower/bath. Meditation or hit up a meeting online or in person.

4 Likes

Occasionally I will find myself in a down mood for no reason seemingly and I always attribute it to alcohol. I do a lot of writing and I enjoy video games or movies/tv. I really enjoy murder mysteries as they engage my mind. I also don’t run from those feelings even at almost a year sober I allow myself to feel them and remind myself it’s okay to feel down but it’s not okay to let those feelings control my actions. YOU make the decisions as to what you do, don’t let your emotions dictate your choices, make choices to address your emotions :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you everyone for the support. I am now on day 132. Craving is gone :slight_smile:

4 Likes