Bad day at work helpppp

Hi fellows, this is my 37th day or so of sobriety and not sure if God tests me or just Murphy’s law, but truth is if something can get worse it will because it can. This week was supposed to be a challenging one at work all according to the plan so no surprise but of course it got worse as I got Covid… It was so damm hard to put proper focus on work first two days, but was proud I managed to stay productive. However the last two days were kind of the worst days ‘at work’ this year despite surprisingly speedy recovery from the virus😩 Very stressful two days, and on top of that my name and one case was used as an example by one leader of how not to do certain thing process-wise. That kind of feeling when you know yourself you are not lazy and do your best, ok the feedback from the leader was deserved not so big deal but since my name went to other leaders I feel ashamed and stupid. Did you have such a day which turned out bad despite all your efforts and good intentions? I wanted so much to drink alcohol today after work… I didn’t but I’m afraid only because I’m still recovering from sickness. What do you do in days like this? I’m overthinker and hope I get decent sleep. Thank you

4 Likes

Sometimes we have a bad hour and let it ruin our day, other times there are bad days in general but the one thing for sure is that a drink or drug will only make it worse.
Nothing outside of ourselves can make us drink or use and I would say that it’s a good day if your head hits that pillow sober. :pray:

2 Likes

I’m questioning the leadership skills of the person who decided to use anyone as an example. Seems to me they got some learning to do!
Stay strong, friend!

2 Likes

Thank you for reminder, amen.

1 Like

That’s a good point actually. I would definitely act differently, and not use name of that person. Thank you

Leader sounds like a bit of a pillock.

I’m sure the other leaders probably think that too.

Keep your head up

1 Like