Bad days and weeks

Been a while since I’ve been on the app- kept up with my sobriety :partying_face: but I cant say those around me have been as lucky. Last Saturday I had to call 911 for a friend who fell in a seizure after doing waaaaayyyyyy too much cocaine. I never liked the stuff, so felt okay being in the situation, like it didn’t feel like a threat to my sobriety. But it got so bad so quick. She seized up, nobody was okay with calling the police. Being normalized to using the Safe Haven laws in IL, I called. Alicia is okay, and she’s started her sobriety journey as well. BUT- we lost some friends we’ve had since college. Week prior, my nephew calls me to come pick him up because his dad did his “vitamins” intravenously, and his dad was asleep so my nephew was bored (likely scared out of his mind). Brought my nephew home, called my sister - his mom - who then drove to dads home and caught a battery charge.
I’ve just been feeling real, REAL bad. Like…nothing in addiction is okay. It affects EVERYONE. I don’t want to talk to anyone, I don’t want to do anything besides keep to myself, meditate, go to meetings and stay reclusive. Even when I go to meetings, my mind is soooo far away from focusing on me.

I’m doing okay. Just hurting a lot for others right now. Don’t know what to do with it all…

3 Likes

Hi Nancy, I’m so sorry for what you are going through. You did absolutely and clearly the right thing, but I understand how hard this must be. Thinking and praying for you and your friend.