Be blessed today, even when things seem tough

One of the oldest saying I’ve been made familiar with is that ‘nothing worth anything comes easy’ and that has to be one of the truest things about sobreity for an addict. For years we have been pushing our problems, pains, hardships , etc with chemicals and escaping instead of facing our problems head on that it becomes difficult to get out of that cycle and Actually LIVE life. This was extremely difficult for me early on ,yet as I kept on fighting , working the steps , changing toxic patterns and cutting off harmful habits I started seeing changes in the smallest of things. I started seeing how I dealt with things more positively, problems that used to be major became small and I became more of an optimist to the point that It motivated me to continue this sober journey. Yes , at times things we’re very difficulty , especially early on like I mentioned, yet I was already overcoming the obstacles and I kept on pushing on. Now Im a year Sober and I can honestly say that I’m the happiest I ever been in my life. Im living and enjoying life and taking things one day at time . I’ve opened my alcholic eyes and see so many blessings and good in the world . I’m sharing this because I want everyone on here that is struggling, whether it’s your first 24 hours , week , or month Sober…I want to tell you to keep on pushing. The pain your feeling now will disappear little by little and the blessings you see will greatly increase…god bless you and stay strong.:ok_hand::heart::slightly_smiling_face::muscle:

12 Likes

Congratulations on a year and all of your hard work and thank you for sharing this!! Really amazing and uplifting.

3 Likes

Well done on a year doing great buddy wish you well

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I needed to hear all of this as I am in the early part of my second month of sobriety. Congratulations on one year!

2 Likes

Yes! Amen Keep going! Congrats on a year…7 and half months in I remember I was on here 2 weeks, and a few of these guys were here with the same positive energy! You got this it gets better

1 Like

Great post. I totally understand the bit where you said problems aren’t so stressful to deal with while sober. Congratulations on one year, that is fantastic! :partying_face::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks man. I had a relapse this week and this is really helpful to read!

2 Likes