Because I Never left

A few weeks ago I thought I wanted to leave this community because I didn’t want the rest of my life to be about being sober.

I have lived through many disciplines, dedicating years of my life to varies activities most simultaneously:
6 years Army vet, 11 years competitive rugby, soccer since my youth, classical violinist since youth, singer(auditioned for the voice and American idol), was a diagnostic technician for 4 years, 5 years dedication to correcting my scoliosis and still going, been a vegetarian for 6 years, earned a degree in automotive technology, lived away from home accross the country for years, traveled accross the US, struggled with a wounded internal self that made addiction ok for me for 7 years.

Did all that to make it back home last year at 27. [28 has been a great year of growth and I’m looking forward to 29 coming up soon]

I enjoyed those things but Now my latest ambitions are fun and mischievous the way life is intended to be. Im an analyst pursuing my next degree in cybersecurity- living the most free life I’ve ever lived from the comforts of my home most of the time.

I don’t want another strict discipline, they’re unnecessary at this point in my life; however, I realized I’m still dedicated to keeping cocaine and liquor out of my life.

I am at peace knowing there is a certain way I don’t want to feel and that means keeping those two things away.

So I’m back because I never left :call_me_hand:t5:

Almost 7 months clean from those toxins

27 Likes

You are very accomplished. This is very admirable :blush:… Glad your still here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::tada::trophy:

2 Likes

Thank you my friend. It feels good to be surrounded by this community again. Needed to walk a short path alone for a bit but am I found :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Damn, with so many skills you could be an astronaut. Glad to see you back

4 Likes

@Earth all I can say is “wow” and what an inspiration you are to others. With all that you’ve accomplished in life, this is your time to slow down! However, I have a feeling you won’t. LOL

P.S. thank you for your service.

1 Like

I appreciate your words. It’s good to be back. I work on a small team at a NOC and yall really seem like a cool gang of people to run this. Funs not over yet!

1 Like

Honestly Ive taken my ambitions to the virtual world and I gotta say you can be equally as ambitious when you understand the backbone of the internet. You’re right there’s too much fun to be had . Wishing you well on all your endeavors!

1 Like

So nice to see you back!! :heart:

1 Like

I’ve always enjoy your opinions, makes me question myself… So glad you reconsidered x

1 Like

Good to see you!! Good to be back. Kept coming back here feeling proud of that record still stacking up days and realized… duh. I’m supposed to be sharing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Indeed. This has been one of the most awesome communities I’ve ever been apart of. We all come to learn, grow overcome. Even outside of sobriety those are things I do every present moment so it felt more like a pull to come back to what has always been so great. Including the good company :slight_smile:

Sending safe endeavors your way :wind_face:

2 Likes