Become a Patron!

@Robin, can you answer this for cigfreed? I think the answer is you (Robin) will know, but no one else?

2 Likes

Robin will you check and see if Iā€™ve signed up I think itā€™s worked it was a bit confusing especially on a phone should of used my lap top

Thanks, Dave! I also sent a message to @moderators just now. Iā€™m thinking that patreon doesnā€™t share personal info with the recipients, but Iā€™m checking just in case. : )

The moderators definitely cannot see anything regarding patreon donations.

2 Likes

Hi Robin! I think Iā€™m a patron now, Patreon says so, but I donā€™t see any indication in my profile. Would you check for me please? Iā€™m so glad to be contributing to such a terrific community of caring humans. TS was definitely a factor in my reaching 356 days AF today and I am grateful. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Give it a few minutes or hours and I think a notification/badge should pop up.

Or maybe itā€™s daily? :thinking:

Anyway, it takes a bit to refresh.

1 Like

Aight, thanks. :wink:

You get the title for $3 which you can change in your preferences. You get the badge for $5 and it automatically appears after a couple hours.

Thanks for your help, Lisa. I donā€™t see anything in my preferences but it was only three hours ago. So I can choose whether or not I wish to show a patron badge?

I hovered over yours and I see it says Tier 3. How are tiers earned?

2 Likes

How much did you pledge? $3 allows you to change your title from member to patron. I did $5 which gives me the badge and patron title. However, I didnā€™t change my title. I left it as regular which is the tier 3. The tiers only apply to the forum and have nothing to do with patron. Youā€™re a tier 2 now which is member and youā€™ll move up to tier 3 regular as you continue to read and post.

1 Like

So thatā€™s how it works. Thanks for the explanation! I pledged $5 a month and Iā€™m looking forward to my title change so I can promote pledging. :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™m looking at my profile and I donā€™t see where I can change my titleā€¦ ?

2 Likes

Go to your preferences and scroll down to title. Theyā€™ll be a drop down and the patron title will be an option. It could take a couple hours to show up.

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting we have the option of showing the title. I suppose that someone might be shy about it, or prefer to be anonymous. Iā€™m new to being a patron, as in today, but it seems to me that itā€™s a way for us to encourage others to contribute. Hmm, I have to sleep on itā€¦

4 Likes

images

2 Likes

Just thought Iā€™d bump this back on the TS radar ,so far Iā€™ve saved nearly Ā£7500 in 10 months so paying what I can afford a month Iā€™m happy to do ,and it feels great to support this forum.

2 Likes

Questionā€¦ Iā€™ve used the same email address, time to give back now that Iā€™m not so strapped in the pennies!!!
Does it automatically tell you that your a patron??

6 Likes

When I became a patron I think it took an hour or two for it to show up on my TS account here

@anon27760155 YAY, you have the badge! :+1::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Woohoo, another patron! Always great to support something that helps so many people if you can!

2 Likes

Bumping this up. Patrons help keep this site running strong.

4 Likes