Been non talkative

Recently the past few months I’ve gotten very non talkative. I only talk to people whom of which I need to talk to in my line of work (boss, co-workers, stop managers and so on) only if necessary. I talk to my parents every now and then since I still live with them. Now is this normal in recovery or should I talk to my psychologist about this? I do have social anxiety disorder, could it be that? Be 14 months sober in 13 more days. Erik from Minnesota.

I would address it with your therapist. And everyone has a different path but I would think you are way past the isolation phase of recovery. I say discuss it and then just slowly force yourself to participate. Good luck you don’t have to be in solitary

First, congratulations on your sobriety! Have you ever been very talkative? Or is it only when you were under the influence?

Either way, it’s fine to not talk if it doesn’t bother you or heavily affect your relationships with others. Sometimes when we’re silent it gives us time to think and focus on ourselves. Silence is golden. If it is bothering you, I would talk to someone but I think it’s normal.

1 Like