Been slacking

Been slacking lately. A few months ago i got to two weeks and i guess it kinda scared me. Drinking and hang over and doing dumb stuff drunk has been my thing for a while. I had a week in and i broke it last night because i wanted to drink for a pain killer. Broke my toe last tuesday. First time ive ever broken anything. I wanna be sober but also i get in moods where i just dont care. But, ima start lingering around here again.

How is everyone else doing? Yall see the northern lights last week?

6 Likes

What are you changing on your life to stay sober?

When it came to staying sober, I had an AA sponsor who offered me some tough love. When I would tell him what I wanted, he would tell me “What you want doesn’t matter. What matters is what you do to stay sober.”

5 Likes

I guess i haven’t been really doing much to stay sober. Occasionally ive left all my money home when going to work. So, i have to come straight home. Even as gone as far as giving it to someone to hold onto.

Well, then have a look at these topics, they have lots of concrete tips.

2 Likes

One day I hope you read this back and find it as funny as me, I love the logic of us alcoholics, I once got drunk to celebrate being sober.

4 Likes

Yo, don’t get too discouraged. A broken toe sounds brutal. Def stick close to here though. I actually did manage to catch the Northern Lights, a big deal for England! And I probably would have missed them if drinking to be fair…

3 Likes

Yeah, ive definitely made up some stupid excuses to drink before. I could have easily jist taken an ibuprofen and some melatonin and slept to deal with the pain that night. I decided i needed to see if i could drive my car yet with my broken toe as an excuse. And then once i saw i could i went straight to the liqour store. Ohhh i need it for the pain. I told myself.

3 Likes

Oh yeah first time i have ever broken anything before. Its been one full week now and its a little better. Doctor said its going to take about another 5 weeks to fully heal. I gotta keep trying and stop making up lame excuses to drink. Im hoping the toe can help. Cause if i drank and reinjured it cause i was drunk id be very mad at myself. Thats awesome! I saw them on accident. Went outside to take a leak and i saw a slightly red by the moon. So i snapped a few photos. You could see it amazingly by taking a picture. I live out in the middle of no where out in county in the u.s.

2 Likes

This is a good place to come to when you want a drink. Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

You’re welcome… Hope your toe feels better soon… I got drunk once and broke my leg in 8 places because I stepped off a deck and thought the ground was about a foot down but it was more like 12 feet down… Instead of going to the ER I drank more Vodka for the pain and went the next evening to get medical help… Sure glad I quit drinking.

1 Like

Oh dang that is absolutely insane. Luckily it wasn’t much worse bud. I wasnt drunk when i broke my toe. I was just running up stairs way too fast. Missed a step and fell down them.

2 Likes