Been sober from alcohol for 4 days

So I’ve been sober for almost 5 days now. I really hope I can quit for a long time this time. Last time i got up to 20 days and caved , wish me luck.

11 Likes

Congrats! One week is around the coner!

1 Like

Great job on 4 days. One piece of input I can give is this. As you continue your journey to match that 20 days and plow right through it you’ll continue to feel better and better. But beware of a specific trigger that caves me every time. The better I feel about life and how I physically feel, the more I think I can handle the booze and be in “control” like I was when I first started drinking many years ago. It’s a lie. Once a problem drinker or addict, always a problem drinker/addict.

9 Likes

This helps a lot, that is exactly how I feel. I will keep that in mind next time i want a drink. Thank you.

1 Like

I feel the same way every time I have a good stretch. “Those weren’t withdrawal symptoms it was just a hangover. I feel great. It’s a beautiful day and I should have a cocktail” a week later I don’t know where the time has gone and I’m nursing myself back to health all over again. 4 days for me today. Good Luck!

3 Likes

Thank you. Good luck too you too.

1 Like

I just started my sober journey 4days ago. Keep it up. :slight_smile:

1 Like