Being emotionally drained

Lately i have been emotionally drained mentally physically and emotionally but keep trucking and pushing forward

16 Likes

Times like these, its important to stop and recharge. There’s no shame in blowing off plans and responsibilities for a day, sleeping in till noon, and/or eating a pint of icecream in one sitting. No shame at all.

11 Likes

Let yourself rest, try to recharge in small ways. Talk to people you trust, we can help and listen on here. X

5 Likes

@HoofHearted definitely has it right!
This is when you need to be okay with that its okay to do nothing and just heal.
Its okay to say no to others, its better than letting them down because you have taken on too much.
Its okay to snuggle in the covers watching tv and just clearing your mind, just to stop and be okay with not putting yourself under pressure and also setting realistic daily goals.
I used to set my self so many tasks when i felt like this to try to make myself feel better- from the start there wouldnt be enough time in the day and then id leave myself feeling worse at the end because i couldnt finish them all.
Take a well deserved break :hugs:

2 Likes

Take time for yourself and focus on self-care even if it’s minimal activities you’re able to manage. It’s okay to have bad days as we’re not always going to be operating in our best selves on the daily. It’s good that you’re able to socialize a bit too so you can receive support and listening ears during hard times like this. :pray::bouquet:

3 Likes

Try to think of this as a healing time for your mind and your body. Quitting any addiction can open the emotional floodgates.

3 Likes