Being Thankful

I offered to meet my oldest at a restaurant with my youngest (they have only seen each other once). Apparently she isn’t doing anything for Thanksgiving (Canadian). We agreed in counseling we would ‘work’ on our relationship first then bring my younger daughter in.

My oldest confessed it would be werid but willing to try.

I explained encouraging healing but wanting to be sensitive to her too (not to go too fast).

Looks like the three of us are possibly having a Thanksgiving meal together.

Yes I am okay with spending - this is towards healing of my family not to get high or have a hit.

I am ever so grateful. It feels like I have been given a second chance which I will never take lightly. I am so so so grateful.

She added I really miss you guys.

Sigh - I can’t even. My heart.

11 Days sobriety. It can only get better.

11 Likes

That’s great news your all getting together. I’m so pleased for you all x

2 Likes

I am thrilled. Sunday at 1pm. I can hardly wait. She didn’t even want to let me go on messager. She was falling asleep.

Mmmmmm. Sober living.

2 Likes

The blessings of recovery are the best ever x so happy 4 u x

1 Like

That’s great news Lya, so pleased for you :blush:

1 Like

Thank you means a lot.

Thankful I made it to 8:56

1 Like

That’s great news and I’m ecstatic for you. How long has it been since they saw each other and why only once? Have a wonderful time. You also said Sunday at 1pm, is that thanksgiving in Canada?

1 Like

Because she left and went no contact. Therapist said Mom and oldest daughter needs to work on things before we bring the youngest in. I am very excited for tomorrow. I am excited for all of us.

2 Likes