Believe in something for heaven's sakes!

Same one as you my little Virgo. Mercury! Plus my moon is in Gemini, also ruled by Mercury. Mercury, the messenger :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So, I guess a rousing campfire sing-along to Koubaya is out?
giphy-4

5 Likes

I’m doubling down.

giphy-1

3 Likes

I like the idea that there is something bigger than me, cause if I’m the highest form of intelligence this place truly is fucked.

7 Likes

I’m with ya Joanie. Where’s the marshmallows.
bitmoji-20190727064823

6 Likes

You’re leading the sing-along.

2 Likes

Although I don’t believe in God in the form of a deity, I find prayer powerful and valuable. It’s a form of meditation to me and I find it to be very self affirming. It feels like a release of worry and desire into the universe. I even pray to my ancestors. I understand the thread and the message behind it.

6 Likes

I have recently saying simple prayers that i picked up from a Buddhist meditation.
“May xyz be happy, healthy and live at ease.”
I run through peoplethat I care about then move on to people that I struggle with. And I include myself. I like the repetition and that it’s a general ask of the universe, rather than to the big G. And it always makes me feel better to send mental well wishes to others.

@anon44659383, you trouble maker :joy::laughing::joy::laughing:

2 Likes

Who? Me? :innocent:
giphy

2 Likes

A prayer to one’s self is called an Affirmation.

I pray several times a day, every day to my Lord and Savior.

I also recite affirmations.

I believe in God, and I also believe in myself, because of the abilities He has given me. Not a point of pride, for He constantly shows me areas where I must get better, areas where I must exercise humility.

I also believe in Discipline. Although I have failed Discipline, Discipline has never failed me.

I practice Kaizen: constant change for the better.

So maybe you aren’t spiritual. Maybe you don’t believe in some omniscient, all-powerful supernatural being, and that’s cool. Try stoicism, or bushido, or some other philosophical discipline which can be a framework upon which to build a structured, ordered life…or not.

2 Likes

Ever consider they are one in the same? The more I’ve explored my faith, the less I tend to limit His being, and the more I see God in everything. I see this in nature, in discipline, in knowledge, in wisdom, and in the entirety of creation. I see his hand in my cat, who makes me laugh, in my daughter, who brings me joy. In my wife. In my friends. In my customers. In the traffic jam I’ll be in tomorrow. Everywhere!

2 Likes