Best AA book reference quotes of phrases

What is everyone’s favorite lines or paragraphs out of the Big Book, As Bill sees it, 12 &12, etc… and what page and location is it from for us to get continued Inspirations and learn more about others experiences!! Thank you!!

Examples: "we have been rocketed into a fourth dimension of existence’, Big Book, page 25

“Burn the Idea”, Big Book, page 98.

And so forth… Thanks yall!

3 Likes

Page 417 from the Big Book is truly one of my fav. It is on Acceptance:
“Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation—some fact of my life—unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes.”

6 Likes

I had to post another. The Big Book is full of life changing information :slight_smile:
Page 87 from the Big Book is also another favorite:
As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action. We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day “Thy will be done.’’ We are then in much less danger of excitement, fear, anger, worry, self-pity, or foolish decisions. We become much more efficient. We do not tire so easily, for we are not burning up energy foolishly as we did when we were trying to arrange life to suit ourselves.

4 Likes

Page 417 Big Book

“Nothing, Absolutely Nothing happens in God’s world by mistake”

5 Likes

Oh thats a good one