BetterHelp? Any feedback?

Good morning, I’m wondering if anyone has tried the online therapy app BetterHelp? And if so, what would you say about it?

Thanks! :relaxed::black_heart:

1 Like

Dunno about the app, but specially during the pandemic, all sorts of online therapies were put into motion. I’m an online therapist myself. If you search properly, you can find all sorts of things more accurate for what you want.

All the best.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it!

Do you mean something specific by this? I ask because I’m considering a subscription to BetterHelp and I’m interested in comparable things if they’re available. What do you mean when you talk about accuracy?

1 Like

Just finished my questionnaire for BetterHelp but I’m not sure if I’m 100% sold yet…

1 Like

I did my questionnaire but I haven’t started any counselling yet. I am interested in the idea though for the moment I am ok with my counsellor and it’s something I can afford. However my wife is interested.

It looks nice and it seems convenient. I figure there’s no harm trying it out; can always cancel if I need to later, and in the meantime, that cost for the month is not bad if it helps me or my wife stay grounded and moving forward constructively :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely! I hope it all works out for you guys! This is somewhat of a new thing for me so I’m just a little hesitant on the commitment side of it. But have to start somewhere haha

1 Like

It’s always worth a shot. The worst that happens is you cancel after a month or two. But the potential benefit is having a service you can access regularly, multiple times a week if you need to. If you can, share back here about your experience - I’d love to hear it!

1 Like

I’ve just signed up to betterhelp for a few weeks to give it a try. Has anyone else had any experience with it?
It all looked good until I got a reply from a therapist that was so weirdly written, it was almost like an obvious scam email full of typos and dodgy grammar. I switched to another therapist straight off the bat so here’s hoping it improves.

1 Like

I am a therapist and worked for them briefly. They don’t pay well so the best therapist won’t work for them, but that doesn’t mean you cant get lucky. You can switch therapists as many times as you want. They make it al really easier. Definitely better than no therapy at all!

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give it a chance. Hopefully the next one doesn’t write like a drunken 14 year old :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Not betterhelp, but I tried Talkspace (another online therapy app that was covered by my insurance) last year and because the therapist had to be licensed in my state the options were very few. I tried each of the four available therapists and had the best luck when I chose some video sessions as opposed to just messaging back and forth, even though it cost me a bit of money. Got some good intro to therapy done with that individual that helped me figure out what I am looking for in face to face therapy. Overall didn’t find a good longer term fit, though. For what it’s worth. Good luck!

That’s interesting. I’ve never done anything like this before so I’m going to build up to phone/video calls.

I did the same and finally the therapist suggest a quick 3 minute meet and greet after messaging for a while. It was good to break the ice a bit and then a while later I had a few longer video sessions. But I swore I wasn’t interested in that when I started :upside_down_face: