Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Always respect your dedication!
Still doing well. Have even managed some ‘mindful’ eating (my natural cues are so messed up I usually have to guesstimate how much I should be eating). That makes me really happy. I still have to be careful of getting too full as it triggers ‘eat even more’ urges, but I ate some cookies the other day and stopped at a natural point, which was such progress for me.

10 Likes

Day 868 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 204 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you! Also you’re doing great, keep it up! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 869 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 205 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

It’s early days, since only 30 days free from the booze, but I need to work on my diet. I eat healthy stuff, but then binge on treats. I was like this before I became a problem drinker, and now it’s coming back, since alcohol isn’t my coping mechanism.

SO, I’m really gonna try to work on my eating habits. I don’t want to be TOO much of a hardass on myself, since that always seems to backfire. But I’m going to try and be mindful of triggers and when my desire to binge on goodies pops up. I really need to get in better shape and lose about 40#.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story, and welcome to the thread, GenG! I hope you find this thread helpful/inspiring. I know quite a few people on this thread have originally done alcohol before turning to binge eating. Maybe they can chime in too. You got this! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome :blush:. Your success is definitely inspiring :grin:. I’m looking forward to developing healthier eating habits/coping skills.:+1:

5 Likes

Day 870 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 206 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 1 done. Tracked meals and didn’t binge. Ate healthy with some little treats. Went for a really long walk with dogs. :+1:

8 Likes

Day 871 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 207 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Good job GenG! Keep it up! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 2 SO hard to not eat ice cream when I’m stressed :rofl:. But watched a show I stead and drank a stevia-sweetened drink. That seemed to help.

3 Likes

Day 872 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 208 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I had a homemade smoothie today and a Chicken sausage.

19 days eating is what my counter says. I wasn’t able to eat for a few days, but that was stress, not my ED. So i didn’t reset.

I’m so proud of you @Aleyadaisey for your days! You are doing so well! As well as @GenG great choice for substituting a healthy drink for ice cream when you’re trying to stay away from it. Good job!

:heart:

6 Likes

Day 873 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 209 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you! That sounds yummy, I do love a good smoothie.:smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 874 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 210 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Day 875 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 211 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Day 876 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 212 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Still going well! I kinda wish I was counting now so I knew how long, but I guess around six weeks, from looking at this thread.

7 Likes