Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Day 775 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 111 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I need some serious help. Iā€™m 21yrs old & I just posted in the no added sugar thread as I am addicted to sugar, but I am also a binge eater so I thought I should post here as well. I have been stuck in a binge eating cycle for about 3 months or so. Mostly sugary foods & processed carbs. I had been trying to break the cycle on & off during that 3 month period with little to no success. At the start of this year I swore to get back on track & barley lasted 10 days before I was back to bingeing. After having a health scare I swore off sugar & processed carbs once again & strengthen my resolve. After barley 10 days or so again, here I am. The cravings were too much for me tonight. Sugar cravings & binge cravings at the same time. Double whammy. I didnā€™t do well tonight. I could have & definitely have done worse but my body just canā€™t handle it anymore so I canā€™t do the same kind of damage I was doing. A good thing I suppose. Iā€™m not sure where tonight leaves me. Obviously something went wrong & I need to adjust my approach. So hereā€™s goes, Iā€™m going public with this & asking for help & support. I obviously canā€™t do this alone, so please if anyone has any tips that have worked for them or advice please offer it. I am open to anything you have to offer & will answer any questions. I just want to be free from sugar & processed foods. I just want to to be free from binge eating. Thank you, if you took the time to read this.

9 Likes

Hi logan, thanks for sharing your story. Youā€™ve come to the right place. I think quite a few of us have struggled with eating too much sugary foods. I hope you find the help you need here, as well as the inspiration to recover from your binge eating. :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you, I hope so too.

1 Like

Does anyone have any advice on how to break it to a loved one that you have an eating disorder & need support? I just donā€™t feel like I can do this alone, I have tried & tried with the same end result. I know I canā€™t keep hiding this, & reaching out on here is something Iā€™ve been putting off for a long time but I donā€™t wanna stop there. I need somebody in my day to day life to know if I truly want to give myself a fighting chance. Specifically Iā€™d like to tell my mom because she cooks the majority of my meals as Iā€™m 21 like I said & live at home with my family members. If I can manage to tell her, I know sheā€™ll support me & help me through this. If someone in my home knows then that greatly minimizes the opportunities I have to binge because they will see my behavior as problematic & know to call me out or offer support. Any tips would be appreciated as the thought of sharing something like this with someone I love scares the shit out of me.

2 Likes

Day 776 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 112 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

It sounds like you have a nice supportive family. Just tell them what you told us. Youā€™re fortunate that they will help you. A lot of people would just say oh itā€™s OK to have a few cookies or itā€™s OK to eat half the cake or oh itā€™s no big deal that you ate the whole pizza and then ate the whole bag of cookies. I think you have a good plan to let them know that you have a problem and that you need help.

4 Likes

Thanks, will do.

3 Likes

Day 777 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 113 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 778 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 114 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well I feel horrible, literally. I ended up eating a big fruit and ā€œyogurtā€ cup (made with sweetened condensed milk, way too much sugar) as a treat I guess. I really donā€™t know why. Then my stomach started to hurt since I had seven days where I was eating healthier food and portions. My stomach was like wtf. But THEN I was like well I already messed up, letā€™s make it really worth it. So I ate a whole roll of Oreos. I knew exactly what I was doing and I still didnā€™t stop. Iā€™m disgusted at myself.

2 Likes

Day 779 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 115 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey Logan, how did it go with your mum?

Hope youā€™re well!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if this is the other side of my food avoidance or just me overthinking food. This is what (in my opinion) makes this so hard to overcome. :weary:

But i have been eating more than i am used to. And have found myself hungry even late at night, and eating.

For example yesterday I ate an instant ramen bowl, dinner (pork burger and baked potato wedges) and also had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And I had a cupcake.

This doesnā€™t sound like a lot written down. But i am feeling unhappy with it. Maybe because of all the sugarā€¦Iā€™m not sure. But I want to get into healthy eating habits and i feel like it was a setback

I am worried i will fall back into restricting. But donā€™t want to overcompensate and start eating too muchā€¦

2 Likes

Hey there, just wanted to let all you beautiful people know, that i am no more reading and checking in here, as i need to handle my little ED with as much simplicity as possible!

Stories and opinions might trigger to much atm. But i am doing well so far.

Much love :white_flower::purple_heart::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Checking in grateful to be sober. Today was a very emotional day and i used my support system instead of relapsing. Thankful for this forum and the support. One day at a time. We got this.

5 Likes

Youā€™re doing amazing, Jenny! I am proud of you! :blush:

2 Likes

Day 780 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 116 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Sooooooā€¦i messed up. I had one snack size bag of cheetos (my #1 worst) which led to two other unhealthy choices. I stopped the binge, which would have never happened before, and called my sponser. But it was a slip. If I want true accountability to myself I am going to reset my counter. So back to the beginning. Sad. Disappointed. In a strange way, also proud that I reached out for help and didnā€™t go into a full binge. One day at a time. Going to do 30 meetings in 30 days as well. Stay strong everyone :muscle: :heart:

9 Likes