Binge is not okay!

How is isit I can go the six days without alcohol and the on the final day I’ll always drink at least 15 pints of beer and blackout ? I like to tell myself I can manage it but clearly need a zero tolerance.

So here I am : )

3 Likes

That’s the alcoholic brain! I would go a year no problem on a combat tour and come home and say I’m fine and don’t remember the next year until I’m deployed again. Just have to look at yourself and be honest and figure out if you have a drinking problem. Best wishes and thoughts will be sent your way.

3 Likes

Thank you, I think being honest is the hardest bit. Also, I find it worrying of how much of life is either drunk or hungover. Will the amount consuming it takes me days to feel okay and the sad thing is the fresh feeling is the happiest feeling. Just have to stay positive.

Wish you well

2 Likes

Welcome James. It is very difficult to come to terms with yourself that you do indeed have a problem, an addiction. My drinking started out as a good time and progressed into a daily routine for many years. Here I am at 32 days sober, I can’t remember ever going past two days sober. This forum is awesome, stay active and engage.

5 Likes

Good deal @Soul_Man keep it up! I’ve been across the US for treatment for this and this is probably one of the coolest apps I’ve found so far that they never told us about.

4 Likes

Thanks Chris! This really is a cool app.

I have struggled with this for so long and I know exactly how much guilt it brings. Just know you’re not alone in this. I’m glad I found this app and community.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Group Jay

1 Like

Thank you FG. I have only been sober a day but I want to make this work so much

Welcome Jay and I hear ya! Binge drinking is the worst :tired_face: we will get there

1 Like

@anon42928441, @HillbillyChris , @Kelwooo , welcome to Talking Sober to you all! High motivation and desire to not use are great places to start. Here’s a thread that has solid actions that others have taken to get and stay sober. You can find concrete steps to take here. I used a multi-pronged approach myself, consisting of Antabuse, counseling and AA. Blessings on your houses :pray: as you begin your journeys!

2 Likes