Binging...I'm trying to quit

So this is my question and in all honesty I feel so stupid about it but why the fuck does no one tell you that you inhale EVERYTHING when you’re trying to stop drinking or when you stop drinking. Like I randomly got the urge to eat a brownie which mind you… is enough for maybe three people and then had chicken noodle soup minus the broth.:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: somebody… anybody. What the hell man?! I already look like a walking potatoe. I don’t wanna have the internal makeup of one too​:cry:!!! HELP!

Your body is missing the huge amount of dead calories it used to get from alcohol. I assure you this is perfectly normal and happened for a lot of us here. I went with the flow for the first few months as anything was better than picking up alcohol. It does start to even out, at about three months I noticed my cravings for junk food and sugar had pretty much gone away, I still let myself indulge if I fancy it though

Aggghhh. This sucks though. I haave eating disorders that i cant shake but then i just… i dont understand it. I physically CANNOT stop myself from reavhing for something dense or starchy and just inhaling it.

Its not necessarily a bad thing. I ate like a gannet when I started sobriety. You probably noticed that your sweet tooth is on overdrive right now - its completely normal aswell because theres a huge amount of sugar in alcohol that your body is no longer getting. Unless you have any dietry requirements, i’d say do what I did and just eat away - the appetite does subside after a month or so. :slight_smile:

Let it be. It is normal and only in the beginning of your quitting. Alcohol has a lot of empty calories. Your body still wants them! So it crave for sweets/food. For now everything is better then drinking! When you have more sober days you can do something about the weight.
What helps now is work out or start running.
I wish you well :heart: