Bit of a milestone for me

I’ve been doing really well with my tv-addiction. On advise of my therapist I’ve been moderating(which is possible with a behavioural addiction, not so much with substance addiction. Moderating with substance addiction leads to death too often!!!).
The rules I’ve set are:
-One movie a day
-Only in a social gathering
-Only when suggested by others
-And I may watch breaking news, which is a very rare occurrence in the Netherlands.
Anyway, many of you probably know that I have been constantly relapsing the last year. A common cause was that my brother came home for the weekend and would watch movies constantly. And each time I failed to remove myself from the situation. But yesterday I did it. My brother was watching Rambo 2 which I’ve watched very recently, so I wasn’t interested. But when Rambo 2 ended, Rambo 3 started. So I went upstairs as watching the movie wouldn’t have been suggested by others and would have meant a relapse.
I am actually proud of myself :smiley:

12 Likes

Sounds you are on a real good path now, Jan. I am happy for you. I think you are right when it comes to moderation and behaviour. :pray::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Awesome! Proud of you!

1 Like

Well done Jan! :facepunch:

1 Like

Happy for you!!

As a total aside, when I read a young Dutch teen would be flying with Bezos, I immediately thought…that must be Jan! Lol of course I do not know any other Dutch teens, but still. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I wish it was me

1 Like

It would certainly have me glued to the screen, worried and excited for you. Tho perhaps in your lifetime you will, eh? Edited to add…tho not likely with Bezos.

1 Like