Bittersweet

Today is day 364 of my sobriety. My mom who was a lifelong alcoholic was so proud of me when we talked yesterday. She passed away today. She was in pain and her suffering is over but I wanted to show her how hard I’ve worked this past year. One day at a time. Tomorrow is a big day for me I just wish she could have seen it.

22 Likes

Awww @CharlesRumble im so very sorry for your loss but your mom will see you reach your year for sure. Her spirit will be with you. Please stay on your sober path through the pain.

4 Likes

Thank you. It means a lot to know I have such an amazing community to support me. I know if I slipped now it would break her heart so I’m going to push through. I really appreciate the well wishes.

5 Likes

Oh Charles, that is indeed bittersweet. I am so sorry about your Mom. And glad you had a chance to share your progress with her. Sending you hugs from afar. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I needed a hug. I knew I could come here and I would be able to smile a bit.

3 Likes

This can be a good place for support. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss :heart:
I bet she held on just long enough to know you were going to Year your year mark for sure, and probably drifted off being very proud of you! Congratulations on a year of sobriety!

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. So glad she got to witness your amazing work.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Praying for you Charles!

1 Like

My condolences! I’m sure your mum is proud of you and wants you to continue on the sober path. Sending you hugs :people_hugging:

Big congrats Rumble and sorry for your lose and being able to be sober during this time in your life is amazing and i know she was proud of. Continue your journey and continue making yourself :clap: proud.

2 Likes

Well that statement made me cry. I bet your mom was so proud of you. I know we all are too. Congrats and celebrate big and keep doing ODAAT for yourself and your mom.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m glad she got to see you be sober though. She must have been so proud.

1 Like

This is indeed very bittersweet. I’m so terribly sorry for your loss. It was an incredible gift you gave her before she passed, your sobriety. Thank you for sharing this with the TS community. Very powerful.

1 Like

All of your support really helped me in the past week. We buried her yesterday. A year and a day into my sobriety. The kind words and cheering on is why I’m here. We all understand the UPS and downs but nobody focuses too hard on the downs. That’s what keeps me going and know that I am here for all of you as well. Thank you all so much again :heart:

4 Likes

Life definitely gives us both. :people_hugging: We cry and hurt because we love. Glad you are sharing here. :heart:

1 Like