Black out and anxiety

Hi all,
I’ve been on and off with alcohol since a few years now, thinking that maybe i’ll be able to control it one day by taking only one drink but I always end up taking more…and deep down, I know that I have to stop. I develop anxiety and the mornings when i’m hangover, I have panic attacks, like today. Last night I blacked out at the bar, and it scares me not knowing what happen, I try to remember my actions but it just makes me more paranoid. My boyfriend was with me, but I left a few times without him and came back. He said that nothing bad happens… But i’m freaking out, I need advice, how do you deal with this? Thanks

2 Likes

I am the same totally think I am in control and it started out harmless. Now when I blackout I am mean to husband and it/I have ruined a lot of things that were suppose to be fun. I am on the journey of sobriety and my well being, health and marriage are worth it. Good luck!

3 Likes

nothing “bad” used to happen when I began to blackout. Then I thought it got bad when I started doing embarrassing and humiliating things… Then it got reckless and I put myself in a lot of danger… Then came the fights and the knives and the violence and the aggression and the police!
Not trying to be dramatic but if you can work on this now do it before it gets to that point. There’s lots of useful information and advice and support on here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Everyone’s different but if we’re following the friends around here the good news is, once you stop drinking, you’ll stop blacking out and being hungover and that will give far less to be anxious about.

Certain anxiety is normal and very manageable, but you’ll never really learn that if you keep drinking.

I know it’s kinda stating the obvious. But it really is that simple. Tough out not drinking for a bit, then it won’t be so hard to stay motivated once you start to work on / feel better about yourself.

Xox

3 Likes