Book discussion: "Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself"

Resurfacing this old thread as I just came across my copy of the book while tidying up. I never got much past chapter 2 to be honest. Kept churning up more and more revisiting the steps just trying to stay sober. For real was hard to read at the time. Thinking this is worth another look now though.

Curious if others made it through and what insights have stuck with them?

3 Likes

Does anyone have copy they would be willing to part with?

Well, still working through it myself but I’ve got the Kindle version, too. Happy to part with mine unless someone else was finished and ready to send theirs?

Amen. I had started it feeling like I fit the bill even when sober, and as the child of an alcoholic. Then found that behavior only led me deeper into my own addiction. I really don’t want to repeat that.

It’s a hard read for me as a recovering alcoholic in a way, it presenting reminders of how others are affected.

The other steps already helped a lot but there’s always room to grow.

1 Like

I would be so grateful

1 Like

This is amazing that you figured all this out. I would strongly recommend to you the book getting the love you want; the guide for couples. I read it alone, no couples involved, and it changed my life. I have a sister that morphs into whatever man she is with. She does this with great efficiency, and it sends my heart that she doesn’t know herself. Good luck on your journey. I may have to check this book out again.

Bookmarked to read later, I would like to read this book but already have a quite a long reading list.

Thank you for sharing this. There are parts that I could have written myself. I hope reading this helps me with some insight like it did with y’all.
I just got the book and am starting it tonight

1 Like