Book recommendations?

Hey guys,

I’m having a really rough week and hoping you may have advice on good books about recovery? I’m just in a bad head space and could use some encouraging words to focus on. Thank you in advance for any help! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! It’s super cheap on amazon, but I bet the library has it also!

1 Like

This naked mind and also the unexpected joy of being sober…give them a go they help fix your mind :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ll look for those! :blush:

I would recommend The Recovering by Leslie Jamison and In the Realm of the Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate. Hope your week improves!

1 Like

« Sober For good » and the SMART Recovery workbook

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Feeling better already, feel a bit silly for not reaching out for help more often, the couple times I have you guys are always full of useful advice. I really appreciate it, I’ll have to get more comfortable asking for help and maybe get to meeting or two also. Thanks again!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you so much, love this! :sparkling_heart:

The actor Russle Brand has a Recovery book. It’s helped some folk on here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, I didn’t know that - Thank you! :slight_smile:

This is an easy read and relatable to women in particular. I couldn’t put it down and go back to it when I’m struggling.

2 Likes

I get it. There are some Traditions violations. But it helps a shit ton of people that may not have been reached otherwise. I’ve seen interviews with him and I believe he is genuinely trying to help people

1 Like

A very interesting read…

1 Like

This is the start of chapter six of “the biology of desire” by Marc Lewis.

Recognise Johnny’s story?

The book is a challenge. Not everyone will agree. But worth reading.

2 Likes