Books - sobriety

The Sober Diaries
The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober
We are the Luckiest
Quit Like a Girl
This Naked Mind

4 Likes

I have read many over the past 10 years…happy to share the list…

4 Likes

Hey There, here are some that I enjoyed reading:

Running Ransom Road-Caleb Daniloff
Girl Walks Out of a Bar- Lisa Smith
Recovery-Russell Brand
Alan Carr’s Easy Way to Control Alcohol
In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts- Dr. Gabor Matè
You Can Heal Your Life- Louise Hay
When Things Fall Apart-Pema Chodron
Refuge Recovery- Noah Levine
I Forgot to Die- Khalil Rafati
The Craving Mind- Judson Brewer

1 Like

Thanks for starting this thread. I know there’s list of good recovery books all over the place here.
I can just book mark this topic. Cool.

I really like Earnie Larsen.

1 Like

Owwww yes I’m king of books lol :joy: I will type you up a list. But a couple are " atomic habits" by James clear . " you are a bad ass" by jen sincero. " untamed" glennon Doyle… If you enjoy spiritual stuff, I have a ton of them I can recommend :v::trophy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have Atomic Habits on Audible.
I think I can email it if anyone’s interested.

2 Likes

Love audible ! In my top 3 fav apps ! :trophy:

2 Likes

I have this one I haven’t read yet…

2 Likes

:smile::rofl:
I will, I’ve got 2 going now. You’re funny…!

2 Likes

I can’t emphasize enough how much this book helped me in my early, early days of sobriety.

3 Likes

Found another one, Haunted. I’ll lyk how I like them, :wink:

2 Likes

Love spiritual stuff​:+1::blush:

1 Like

I am listening to the happy sober podcast on spotify at nights atm :blush:

1 Like

… I went through my photos in my phone and these are the good ones :grin: there’s enough there to last a while :joy: I loved all of them but the surrender experiment was exceptionally great. And all the Dolores cannon books are brilliant :trophy:

2 Likes

How awesome thanks so much!! I will be taking note as I have just started to get into reading, at 34 years old :sweat_smile:… I reckon it is because my life is so quiet and calm now, that I have found new things to enjoy!.. I will be receiving a book tomorrow… but also I follow jamesclear on Instagram so I will give that a bash too!! X

1 Like

this is the 2nd book from the same author of the surrender experiment. I say start with this book and the surrender experiment. If you are just getting back into reading then these are light and an easy enjoyable read.

2 Likes

I will be ordering from amazon lol :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I really enjoyed and benefited from reading ‘This Naked Mind’. Does anyone know of any similar style books? I hear ‘The Unexpected Joy of being Sober’ is good too. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

I have read a TON. My current favorite is Quit Like A Woman. Here is a link to the list of books I have read…as well as a thread on sobriety reading…enjoy!!

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like