Bored of TV

I am 34 days sober after about 12 years of constant alcoholism.
I am struggling with the boredom as not working recommend any TV or films to watch.
I drink far too much coke and lucozades now as well slight sugar addiction

7 Likes

Personally, I would leave the sugar issue for now (unless you are life-threateningly obese or something). How about starting an exercise regime to offset sugar and also give you something other than TV to do? Anything need doing around the house (tidying/diy)? If getting a job might take a while, how about volunteering somewhere?

6 Likes

I agree with what @Misokatsu posted - watching tv may trigger more sugar cravings.

If you still want suggestions for watching – check out the following threads
Netflix Hulu HBO Apple etc…… binge ideas please!

and

Movies Check-in / Reviews :vhs:

3 Likes

Hello. I recommend to watch this movie.

Also try reading some books. Like this one for example. It’s quite easy to read, intelligent and meaningful.

1 Like

Sugar will just make you feel more like shit. Try not too sit around and watch TV all day. Force yourself to get out to get some sun and excercise. Maybe try a meeting, go to the park, just force yourself to get out during the day, so you can feel more relaxed at night.

5 Likes

For me, any thing, the next thing becomes addiction.
For me
From cutting the grass- to taking s walk - to watching a TV show

My good and well intentional friend
Do your best not to create the next addiction but it’s better to be sober than not. If it gets you thru the day sober, do it
I’m with you

4 Likes

I reached a point in recovery like this.
The boredom became too much and made me get out my comfort zone and find other stuff I enjoyed.
I felt it was like part of my recovery myself to find my real self.
I tried allot of stuff, reading, sketching, baking, long walks, swimming.
Small life style changes, all the little things make the big things happen.
It could be that your reaching a part of recovery where discovering who you really are, and what you really like is a stage you may be going through.

Do something positive with the boredom and congrats on your 34 days :sunflower:

5 Likes